S2C Chapter 56: To Move On

First off, I have made a new Splatoon book. No, this doesn't mean this book is done, and no, I in no way plan on quitting writing on this book. But due to the fact that Splatoon 2 is done and Splatoon 3 is still a ways away, I decided to write a new book. Chapters for this story will still release, but since this new story isn't tied directly to the games (despite having the characters from here, and more in the future) I can do things that I wanted to do with this story, but were too big and too unknown for me to actually commit to.

Second off... THIS BOOK REACHED 500,000 READS!!!! That's half a million! I can never thank any of you readers enough for getting me to this point that I didn't even consider as a possibility when I first started this book and for putting up with the slow points in my updates. I'm just so grateful to every last reader; it's because of y'all that this happened. I'll let y'all decide what I should do to celebrate it.

Marina POV

Pearl and Marina were in the helicopter, performing their song just as they did when they helped Agent 8 stop the N.I.L.S. Statue.

Pearl: You know, Marina?

Marina looked over to hear her better since the helicopter and the speakers were pretty loud.

Pearl: I think this Shifty Station may be your best one yet.

Marina: Thanks, Pearl. Also, I wanted to tell you something I've been thinking about for a while now.

Pearl: Oh! Hold that thought, Marina. It's just about the one minute mark.

Marina noticed the helicopter was floating over the center of the stage and nodded.

Marina: I'll tell you later.

Pearl smiled then hopped out the side of the statue as she graciously floated down.

Marina sighed now that Pearl was on her way down.

Marina: (I don't want this to end...)

(Y/N) POV

(Y/N) was inking the turf, his teammates were pushing forward while he held the center of the stage, inking the straggling sections of the stage when the center started glowing. When he looked at the glowing beam of light, he saw Pearl descending down upon the upper center area, so he swam through the ink to get to her.

Pearl: Heyo. I was hoping I'd get to help you use this.

He was confused.

(Y/N): Use what?

Pearl smirked, cocked her head, then seemingly pulled out her Killer Wail. (Y/N)'s face had a mix of shock and excitement as he looked from the Killer Wail to Pearl.

Pearl: Just tell me where to set this off and I'll do the rest.

He nodded as he understood what she said then pointed her in the direction where to set it off, to which Pearl nodded with her smug expression as she leaned back to use the Killer Wail to blow the entire half of the stage away.

~~~

Marina POV

It all came down to this. Marina never got around to telling Pearl what she wanted to tell her. She was too afraid to do it. She couldn't imagine her life without Pearl. They were family; Pearl even said so herself.