fifty seven | 57

Cute, cute, cute! 

So this is one hefty and long (I think the longest yet) chapter. It made my heart heavy, and light, at the same time. You'll see, my sweetie pies. Sorry for the very late update!

I hope you enjoy it!

S x

me·di·a·tion

Céline.

Bewildered. Shocked. Aghast. 

Those were the feelings that ran through my veins. Drums were loudly beating in my ears, because of the predicament I was in. It was impossible; but possible

I was fooled for months, blind from the truth. Then again, not much over two weeks ago I was pulled into this mess. I only knew this woman as Cindy Everleigh — no other person. But Harry, he saw her as someone completely different. She was someone he was sent to kill, known as a threat or target for Steel — no other person.

Snapping out of my thoughts, I looked up at her with my brows furrowed, as pure anger emitted from within.

"How the fuck do I know that badge is not a fake? You could just be among Steel's puppets or working alongside him, trying to get me to fail with the assignment — or even kill me."

"You've just exposed yourself." She chuckled and my eyes narrowed even further at her, but I shook my head.

"No I have not. Those are just words. You don't know shit about how much information I know or the plans I have — or don't. What you know, is that I know who you are."

"Do you?" Cindy — or Karla — challenged me.

"Yes." I confidently spoke, knowing that I had the upper hand between us; and that was including Steel. As for her, a small sigh escaped past her lips.

"Let me tell you something, I don't know how much you know; but whatever it is you have planned, we can help you with it without any lives being taken."

"That's all I want."

"If you have an ounce of trust, you can come with me right now, and I can prove to you that every word I've spoken is true."

"How do I —?"

"If I wanted to kill you, I would have done so already." She simply said.

"Right, because doing that in this environment is very appropriate; or even have randomly disappeared with no trace whatsoever. Harry would —"

"—He'd completely lose it without you." She spoke and my heart became heavier than it already was.

He was the reason why I was doing this; and what she was saying, was completely right. Harry would lose everything at this point without me. And these are the times that I think to myself, what the fuck are you doing? You're completely mental, C; but I'm not. It's my only way to save his life. His own is more important to mine and if I can succeed, without any lives being taken, it'd be a miracle.

"Harry would be a vital person in this assignment and I think that —"

"You don't say his name on your tongue and you will leave him out of this. He will not be brought into this mess, he's already free from everything and I'm not dragging him back into it. He's been through a lot."

"Ah yes, with Amber Styles. I'm obviously aware that she's his late wife. She was also Steel's daughter and was murdered by him."

As soon as I heard Harry's deceased wife's name, it triggered something in me. She was another person I wanted to get revenge for. Some might call me crazy for doing something that could be considered a favour for the previous love of my fiancé's life, but it needed to be done. I wanted to do it, because no one deserves being murdered for simply loving another person.