dazai o. / yellow hyacinth

——————
Dazai Osamu was not a man for love. All of his relationships would end up being a one night fling, nothing more. He couldn't be in "love" because of his work. Being a Port Mafia executive was hard work, espically since he was the youngest. So when his partner, Chuuya Nakahara, told him about a crush, he wasn't happy.

Chuuya told him everything him loved about the girl, even some faults that Dazai thought were "bad". Chuuya told him he didn't care about his thoughts of the girl in question, since he truly loved her. Dazai warned Chuuya, but he brushed it off.

Dazai was intrested now in the girl Chuuya was so obsessed over. He wondered what she was like, how she acts, how she looked. Now Dazai wanted to know her.

'Curse that shrimp for getting me curious.'

Dazai blamed his actions on Chuuya, though the boy had nothing to do with his thoughts about the girl. He still wanted to meet the mysterious girl, and his meeting with her wouldn't be near. After a few months, Chuuya stopped talking about the girl. Dazai thought maybe she slipped his mind.

The answer Dazai thought was reasonable was terribly wrong. Chuuya was just being annoying again, by not even muttering a word to the executive. His reason for ignoring Dazai? He was going to meet the girl soon. They ended up becoming friends, so Chuuya invited her to hang out at a café.

Chuuya was just thinking of how to confess his love for her. At that little hang out, Chuuya got scared of her rejecting him, so he didn't confess. Obviously, Dazai was aware of Chuuya's little meeting. Chuuya thought he fooled Dazai when he told him he had something to do at his apartment after he finished his paperwork.

So, Dazai followed him to the café, just to sneak a peek at the girl. Dazai wasn't expecting someone so breathtaking. His heart was beating fast, and went even faster when he saw her look out the window, directly at him. She didn't notice him, somehow. He sighed deeply when her eyes turned back to his partner.

'How did he find someone like that?'

Dazai was confused as well as scared. He didn't want to fall in love, he couldn't. Looking back, he saw her smile. It was bright, full of happiness. Dazai then knew his answer to his question. He was definalety in love.

——————

He was there, there for you. You were there for him. Smiling, you answer his question. He was full of happiness, not believing his ears.

"I love you, too."

Dazai couldn't help but smile softly. Chuuya finally confessed to you, after many months. He wanted to stop him, run up and confess to you. But, it's too late to change anything now. Dazai felt one single tear run down his face. He silently started to walk off. As a gift, Dazai gave you two yellow hyacinths.

Wondering if you knew what it meant, he laughs by himself. Of course you don't know what it means, you only cared about Chuuya. Actually, you didn't know who Dazai was. Chuuya just told you to ignore him. So, when you received flowers from him, you were surprised. But, you remebered that Chuuya's partner was supposely Dazai, so you thanked him.

Dazai sits down on his chair, now letting out all of his feelings. He was so jealous, he wanted to be loved by someone. Someone that never seemed to be his. Now laughing bitterly, he wipes his tears away. He was never meant to be loved. He was the youngest Port Mafia executive in history, a man who was ruthless, and cold.

Now, as he stares at you. He still sees the beauty in you. Even if you're married to Chuuya, he'll never forget his never-ending love for you.

——————

How was that, actually, I'm feeling a little sad..

*Extra Note*

Yellow Hyacinth means jealousy/jealous in flowers!