eighteen.

*:・゚✧*:・゚✧⠀⠀

*:・゚✧*:・゚✧

the sun had peaked out the next morning, just as jungkook peeked out from under his sheets and managed to open his puffy eyes to see that the rain had stopped and the sky was dotted with white clouds.

the boy managed to pull himself out of bed and tug on a pair of fresh jeans and another plain t-shirt for work. his shift started in an hour but he wasn't tired anymore.

downstairs, the living room was only in a bit of a mess with the couch pillows on the floor and only a couple beer cans left out. the sink however, had dishes in it, making the ravenette frown knowing he'd end up doing them.

the water was hot against his soft skin, strawberry smelling soap filling the sink as he forgot about his problems for a moment to focus on cleaning the cups and shot glasses left on the counter from last night. maybe jungkook did have more fun, he wouldn't be suffering a hangover all morning, but instead a grey cloud to follow him all day.

it got a little better at work, yuqi was there to smile when jungkook walked in and he always loved that. she could be looking so happy no matter how early it was on a thursday morning.

"hey yeosang." jungkook said, walking to the back and standing beside his coworker at the back counter. "hey jungkookie." he said.

"would you want to switch spots today? i'm not feeling the best to talk to a lot of people today." the ravenette said, part of him wanting to cut all the fruit and organize them in their spot since it would occupy him more.

yeosang nodded and gave him a small smile, "sure, if you need anything let me know."

jungkook also nodded but went to grab one of the aprons instead, opening the fridge and starting to clean things up before they opened. he could see yeosang talk to yuqi quietly, not long before she glanced over. she had meant to ask the younger how the day with taehyung went, maybe now wasn't the time.

he could see the front from where he stood, carefully slicing and peeling until his hands were sticky and needed to be washed, only to be back at doing the same thing.

the door kept opening and the bell kept chiming, but no familiar brunette came walking in, not even with the group of obnoxious gym dudes or the posse of yoga girls. each time he was a little more disappointed.

the mop of brown locks only came trudging in a couple hours later as jungkook hung up his apron and clocked out, the time to go home already here. taehyung had his head down and would have ran into the younger if jungkook didn't hold his arms out to stop him, "hey taehyung watch out." he said.

"oh," taehyung said, "sorry."

"what's wrong?" jungkook asked, noticing the older off behavior and slouched look. "nothing, i was coming to check on you." taehyung said, finally looking up and already expecting the gasp from the ravenette.

"oh my gosh your eye." jungkook gasped, looking at the dark bruise sitting snug underneath the boys eye.

taehyung shrugged and stood up straighter, "it's not a big deal, can we go now?"

jungkook nodded and got quieter, following his hyung outside and getting in the cadillac when he opened the door for him. "does it hurt?" he asked once taehyung started the car and pulled out into the street.

"barely."

"how'd you get it?" jungkook was sitting crooked on his seat, trying to face the other a bit more and look at the nasty black eye. it looked a lot more painful than just 'barely,' especially with the little cut on his cheekbone.

"is that really important? tell me how work was instead." taehyung changed the topic and turned onto the street that jungkooks townhouse was on.

the ravenette just frowned and the olders words. "it is important. and we always talk about me."

"i like it." taehyung said simply. he could tell the younger was getting worked up, not really sure why, but he didn't have all the patience in the world to figure it out either.

"i just want to know what happened, it has to hurt and someone can't be allowed to just punch you in the face during gym, aren't there rules?" jungkook started to ramble as his concern got the better of him.

"it's not that big of a deal jungkook can you drop it? you don't have to worry about it." taehyung snapped, pulling over on the side in front of the youngers house, noticing how quiet it had gotten. the brunette glanced over at jungkook who's lips were pressed into a thin line, probably to stop them from quivering as he got more worked up.

taehyung sighed and rubbed his hand down his face, closing his eyes for a second to calm down himself before looking over at jungkook. "hey, i'm sorry, i didn't mean to-"

"i don't want you to apologize." jungkook cut him off with a slight glare to go with it. "i want you to talk to me."

"i do talk to you jungkook-"

"no you don't," jungkooks head hit the headrest of the seat and his fingers tugged gently at his hair, he was so frustrated and he just wanted to scream. "you don't talk to me, you don't tell me things- no one tells me things and no one lets me do anything." his voice cracked and jungkook got more angry with himself for nearly starting to cry again. he had to remember they were in public and maybe jumping out of the car to throw a fit on the sidewalk wasn't the best idea.

"maybe if you stopped getting so worked up and throwing tantrums people would treat you like you were older." taehyung said.

the times that jungkook liked it when taehyung was straightforward usually happened when he was calling him cute or flirting with him to make him blush. it was times like this that jungkook suddenly hated how honest and blunt the older could be. because he was right.

people treated jungkook like that because it's how he acted, it's what he deserved. and he had no one to be angry at then at himself.

he had no clue that taehyung regretted the words once they left his lips. it was out of his power to know that the older boy was just so tired of his own life that he looked to jungkook for an escape, to be happy with the younger and spend days laughing rather than bruised and beaten on his own.

no one was able to say what they really wanted. jungkook just got out of the car, leaving the other to drive off way too fast then he should have, and going upstairs to his bed to spend the night the way he did before.

┆♡┆