Chapter 5

"Catra, no! Are you trying to get kicked out of the castle??!" Adora exclaimed.

"Hehe, you know me so well Adora." Catra said, quickly getting up and limping towards the blonde girls room doors. 

Adora scrambled off of her bed and quickly rushed to block the exit from the brunette, reaching the doors before her, the slightly taller teen pressed her back firmly again the large doors to prevent her from escaping in to castle.

Catra narrowed her mismatched colored eyes at blonde and brushed her free bangs out of her face, "What the hell are you doing, dork?" 

Adora had her chest puffed out, her stance firm, and her eyes were seriously concentrated on the brunette in front of her, if you were standing where Catra was you would have to admit, Adora did look a bit silly. 

"Preventing you from escaping!"

"So now I'm your prisoner?"

"I never said that! You need to rest until your healed!"

"Well that's what your implying, and I refuse to die of boredom in this damn castle. So watch out, Adora! Reckless cat coming through!"

"No!"

Catra groaned and glared at the blonde, "Fine, how about you show me around then? I swear I won't do anything bad." The feline, said, quickly crossing her fingers behind her back. 

Adora's eyes narrowed, but she didn't move; Catra just gave a bright, toothy grin to the blonde.

The sword wielding teen finally gave up with a groan and opened up the large, double doors of her room.

They both exited and Catra's interest was soon piqued, her eye's were darting around to the different pastel and bright colors of the wall, the windows that gave a nice view of the world outside of the walls, and just taking in how large the place actually was when you were inside. 

Adora just stared at the brunette the whole time, a soft smile plastered on her face as she watched how interested the feline actually looked.  "This is so cute!" The blonde girl thought as she rounded another corner.

She didn't even notice that the brunette had finally caught her staring, and was now looking back at the blonde with her famous smirk, "Take a picture, Adora. It'll last longer." Catra teased.

Adora could feel her cheeks immediately heat up in pure embarrassment, but at the same time, she didn't feel all that shameful for staring at the magicat for so long. 

The two walked down a long corridor for a short while, until they were stopped in there tracks when two guards came rushing up to them, the first guard pulled Adora away from Catra while the second guard held up their spear defensively. Only by reflex, Catra's sharp claws extended and she bared her equally sharp fangs, giving out a low snarl.

Adora eyes widened and she immediately broke past the first and second guard and jumped in front of the feline defensively, quickly putting her arms up as she got between the cat hybrid and the guards.

"Guys easy! No need to fight, she's with me. She's allowed to be here." Adora calmly said.

Catra froze as a brief memory of when her and Adora was back in the fright zone together, the two best friends had wandered into Shadow Weavers chambers out of curiosity, and got caught just as they were making their escape. The horrid sorceress was once again scolding Catra as she held her tightly in place by her dark magic that was powered by the black garnet. She remembered exactly how Adora had jumped in front of the old woman in a -successful- attempt to save the feline from seriously getting hurt.