tragic, i dare say

a Rumpelstiltskin retelling
coming August 20th

"I expected you to be..." I said, fumbling for the right word as he stood at his full six foot three height. "... smaller."

Eleanor Warren is quite happy with her life as a miller's daughter, living in a small town where everybody knows everybody. That is, until she can go off to the school of her dreams and start her life, for real.

But, when her father drops a bomb on her— figuratively, of course— she thinks everything she has ever fought for, everything she's inspired to be is well and truly down the drain. He's a liar, she knows that. You get used to it. And yet, she never expected the biggest lie of them all to involve her. One that could have her neck on the line— literally, of course.

She needs help and she knows it. Trapped in a tower until dawn, straw her only form of company, she needs to do the impossible and turn it all to gold. What she didn't ask for, though, was a dangerously good looking, arrogant man with magic hands in more ways than one. He's everything she's ever despised, everything she's tried to stay away from.

And yet, it's not his magic that keeps her coming back for more. 

. . .

this story is intended for those 18+
(let's be real, I know some of y'all won't be. fuck, even I'm not '18+')
it's a guideline.

a bit of a weird one 
rushed & lots of mistakes
distinctly sexy from the outset

tragic.

. . .

before we get into the story, i just want to say i know what many of you are thinking. 'Rumpelstiltskin is a short, ugly creature.' first of all, same. second of all, it's a spin off as in it will draw inspiration from the original story but mix in some desire and sprinkle in some sex and voila! a dari story that you might like or you might hate. might as well chance your bets.

i was thinking about making this a series but i don't know if anyone actually wants that in their life, so what do you think? would you like some of the misunderstood characters in familiar stories have their own books? and if you do, which childhood fairytales would you like me to ruin?
let me know!

This book is subjected to copyright.
No form of this book— digital, audible or otherwise— may be copied, translated or changed without the express, prior permission of the author. ©matemenot2019

kisses,
dariya

kisses,          dariya