Arc 3.9

"Wait."

Before she even knew it herself, she had already blurted out this word to which the man before her finally stopped to turn around and looked at her.

He politely asked,"Do you need anything?"

Ella hesitated a bit before saying,"Thank you for helping me."

Shi Shen gave her a polite smile,"No need to. I think you would have no problem dealing with them by yourself. If you don't have anything else, I will take my leave now since the library will be closing soon."

Without any reluctance, he turned and left just like that.

Only when his departing back has disappeared did Ella snap back to her senses.

She couldn't help but want to beat herself for actually went into a daze upon seeing a handsome man just like this.

She even forgot to challenge him to a duel.

Anyway, she would meet him a lot in the future since the man was that person's best friend.

First things first, she needed to go and greet the Crown Prince.

Therefore, Artemis who has just finished his class suddenly got blocked by Ella the moment he came out of the classroom.

Ella respectfully greeted him,"Ella Vendale greets Your Highness, the Crown Prince."

Artemis coldly asked,"Why are you here?"

Ella with her head still lower answered, "His Majesty asked me to look over your meals during my stay here."

Even though she didn't come here of her own accord, she obviously heard the disdain in the prince's voice when he replied.

"No need to. You don't need to be this obedient."

Ella slightly pursed her lips into a thin line. Those women could squeal and worship him because they didn't know what the man actually like.

He was aloof and cold to the core to which she always felt suffocated whenever she was near him.

That's why she didn't want to marry him and faced that cold face every single day.

One day, she would prove to her father that she was suitable in inheriting the Duke title and also worth keeping her in the Vendale family.

Nevertheless, she couldn't go against the King's order, therefore, she insisted,"I already had the servants prepared dinner in your garden."

The moment her words fell, she suddenly felt the temperature dropped instantly sending shivers to her body. Before she could even realize what was happening, the piercing cold voice resounded.

"Just because you have the King to back you up and you think that I wouldn't do anything to you?"

Realizing that she somehow angered the man, Ella forced herself to calm down and answered,"Forgive me for my negligence. I won't do anything like this in the future."

"Don't appear before me from now on."

"Yes, Your Highness."Obediently replied Ella.

Artemis had no desire to stay here any longer so he directly walked away without even worried whether she would be frozen to death or not.

Meanwhile, Ella could no longer contain her shock upon realizing one terrifying fact. Feeling the layer of frost all over her body, she realized that it was not her illusion.

The Crown Prince actually used the Ice spell on her!

Meaning he was also a mage and a strong one at that for her to not even hear him chanting the spell.