40. Everything

Ashanti's POV

I woke up in my fiancé's arms the next morning.

Our legs and arms were tangled together between the sheets from our shenanigans from last night.

We made love for hours and I feel elated.

I stared at the ring on my finger and I couldn't help but beam with joy.

Everyone preaches once a cheater, always a cheater or niggas ain't shit, but after all the things he had went through I don't blame him for putting his walls up.

If he was going to mess up again, why would he have fought so hard to get me back?

Why would he have put this ring on my finger?

My conscience was free and from now on I didn't want to doubt him.

What is a relationship without trust?

I nuzzled into his chest and as if on instinct he wrapped his arms around me.

We weren't as close as I'd want to be because of my baby bump, which was getting bigger and bigger by the day.

I still had 13 weeks to go, I wasn't even in my third trimester yet.

Carrying a child was no easy task, but I was so happy to be having Lamonte's baby.

Our baby.

I rubbed my bump as I felt my baby moving around in there.

Lamonte wanted to wait until the baby was born to know the sex, but I wanted to know now.

I would wait for him though because he was so excited at the prospect of seeing me give birth.
I, on the other hand, was frightened for my life.

I had watched a few birth videos and the lengths that the vagina had to go through seemed so painful.

But seeing the mothers hold their babies for the first time, I could tell it was all worth it.
I still wished to skip the pushing out part, however.

I placed a quick peck upon Lamonte's lips before I went down to the kitchen to make him some breakfast.

Ever since I got pregnant, he has been the one taking care of me and it's time to change that. I was going to be his wife after all and I needed to please him.

Not because I didn't want to lose him, but I have this urge screaming inside me to just wanting to tend to his needs.

As I was finishing up making breakfast I felt his hands wrap around my waist.

I smiled and leaned into him as I took the last of the French toast, eggs, and bacon off the fryer.

"I made you breakfast, baby," I said leaning into his warm embrace.

"I should be making you breakfast. You're pregnant with my baby, and I want to take care of you after putting you through all this," he whispered in my ear as he sucked on the sensitive skin of my neck.

I bit my lips and spoke, "But I should be taking care of you as your wifey."

"Fuck that cause imma spoil the fuck outta you. As you said you're my wifey, so lemme take care of you in every way," he said as he rubbed my belly.

I led him to the kitchen island as I placed his breakfast in front of him and grabbed my plate as well.

We shared glances of happiness as he kissed my knuckles and gave me tantalizing smirks.
I finished eating up and Lamonte grabbed both of our dirty dishes.

I wrapped my arms around his waist and kissed his bare back as he washed the dishes.

He turned around facing me and asked, "No morning sickness today?,"

"None at all, surprisingly," I said.

He kissed the top of my head as he rubbed my stomach.

I couldn't hide my bump any longer with baggy clothes and that's when I knew I had to tell my family that I was pregnant.

His family needs to know as well.

"Babe, when are we going to tell our family about all of this?," I voiced my thoughts.

"We can do it when we get back. I already have planners to plan a surprise party. Then, we can just show everyone your bump," he said with a smile.

"That sounds perfect," I say giving him a quick kiss on the lips.

"I also have a surprise for you when we get back. It was kind of forward on my part and I don't know if you'll like it, but I hope you do," he continued with a sly smirk.

"I hate waiting to find out surprises and we're not getting back til next week," I groaned.

"Well you're gonna have to wait, baby," he whispers before kissing on my neck.

"You know, the way you proposed to me is similar to the way you gave me the promise ring," I stated realizing the fact.

He laughed and agreed, "You right."

Suddenly, the baby started beating my stomach and Lamonte felt it.

"Ooh, he feisty today," he said kneeling in front of me.

"How you know it's a he? It could be a girl," I said looking down at him.

"The way this baby kicking it gotta be a boy," he said kissing my stomach.

He spoke to my belly, "Hey, stop beating up your mommy or you and I gon' have some problems when you get out."

Lamonte kisses my stomach tenderly and rubbed my sides lightly.

The kicking subdued and the baby was still for once.

I smiled at him as he towered over me and placed a kiss on my forehead.

"Thank you," I whispered as I lay my head against his chest.

In this moment, I realized just how much Lamonte had changed. He was becoming a softie, but he would never admit that. This baby is going to have him wrapped around his/her little finger.

"Come on, lemme rub this coconut oil on your stomach," he says pulling away from our embrace.

I rolled my eyes as I said, "Way to ruin a moment."

***
2 hours later...

Lamonte and I walked along the beach hand in hand.

The sun was slowly going down the horizon and the sky was painted in different hues of orange.

At this point, it felt as if nothing could go wrong.

I had my fiancé and baby daddy wrapped in one. He had been there for me countless times and he has proven himself, even when he didn't need to.

Needless to say, he was the love of my life.
I was scared shitless into what our life would be like together.

I don't know if we've even overcome the storm yet, but in the midst of being scared I was also excited. We were having a baby, we were going to get married.

Life seemed blissful.

Yet I had this unsettling feeling in my stomach, shit was about to hit the fan.

But what could go wrong?

I didn't want to focus on anything to come, but in this moment everything was perfect.

_____