16

[Chapter sixteen]

-Winnie-

"How do you think Kamri's date is going?" Flynn hums out as we lounge around in the living room, watching Fresh Prince of Bel-Air.

I look over at the clock on the wall before looking at Flynn. "It's one o'clock, so they should just be meeting up now."

He peels his eyes away from the TV, looking at me with a grin. "You thinking what I'm thinking?"

"We should watch Under the Red Hood?"

"No." He rolls his eyes. "The other thing."

"Oh, hell yeah."

*~*

"Why am I here?" Adonis whines, scratching his upper lip. "It's too early for this, and this stupid fake moustache is itchy!"

"It's one in the afternoon." Flynn points out, looking at his friend from the seat across from him in the booth. I'm sitting next to Adonis, next to the window, while he's sitting next on the outside of the booth.

"Exactly." Adonis groans. "Too early."

I roll my eyes, staring at the table a few feet in front of us. "I don't care if the fake moustache is itchy. We're on a mission."

"You wear the fake moustache then, puta." He glares at me, making me raise an eyebrow at the insult. I rip my eyes away from where Mia is wiping some ice cream off Kamri's face to fix my gaze on Adonis.

"Bitch—" I take one look at him before I burst out laughing, laying my forehead on the table. He's pouting like a child but the moustache makes him look so stupid, especially since there's ice cream on it. His disguise is literally his normal clothes with a moustache slapped on his face.

Flynn, on the other hand, is wearing a simple jacket with the zip pulled all the way up, covering his mouth, a baseball cap pulled low on his head, while I'm wearing a short blonde bob cut wig with a large floppy sun hat on top, matched with a pair of large framed sunglasses.

No one said we were smart.

"No one told you to wear a fake moustache in the first place." Flynn shrugs, pulling his zip down to lick his ice cream, not worried about being seen as he has his back to the table Kamri and Mia are sitting at.

Adonis grumbles some incoherent Spanish under his breath, eating his own ice cream grumpily.

I look over at him in amusement, using a napkin to wipe the ice cream on the fake moustache away.

He gives me a grin. "Thanks, Loca."

I grin back at him. "No problem, Rawiri."

"What does that mean?"

"No problem? It means—"

"No, you asshole." He rolls his violet eyes, cutting me off. "Rawiri. What does it mean?"

I just smile sweetly at him and shrug, turning away and looking back at Kam and Mia.

"Thank you for quitting that disgusting couple moment before I had to interrupt." Flynn thanks, finishing his ice cream.

"Careful, Flynn," I start, finishing my cookies and cream ice cream. "I might start making out with him just to torture you some more."

"I hate you."

"I have no objections." Adonis adds, making me grin at him again.

"Oh, god, please don't." Flynn grimaces. "Let's just get back to the task on hand."

We all turn back around but find the table empty.

"What? Where the hell did they go?" Adonis questions.

We hear the clearing of a throat right next to us, at the end of the booth, opposite the window.

Adonis, Flynn and I share a look before slowly looking up with sheepish smiles. Kamri is standing there with her arms crossed and an annoyed look on her face. Mia is standing a bit behind her, laughing quietly into her hand.

"Uhh—no hablo inglés." Adonis stutters out making Flynn and I snap our heads to him in disbelief. "Me llamo Pablo."

"You bitch—"

"Traitor—"

Flynn and I gasp out in unison.

Kamri raises an eyebrow down at him before ripping the fake moustache straight off. A high-pitched screech leaves Adonis' lips and he lets out a string of curses in Spanish.

"Yeah, nice try, Pablo." Kamri scoffs as Adonis rubs his upper lip, a pout on his face.

She turns her gaze to Flynn next and he holds his arms up in surrender. "No fake facial hair to rip off here."

She rolls her eyes and looks at me. I pull the hat and wig off, along with the glasses. I avoid Kamri gaze and look past her, waving at Mia. "Kia Ora, cutie."

"Hey, Winnie." Mia giggles out, an amused smile on her face. "Kamri's told me a lot about you."

I grimace. "I would say, 'all good things, I hope', but after this, that's unlikely."

"Highly unlikely." Kamri nods, glaring down at me.

"Is everyone going to ignore that fact that Kamri just ripped my moustache off my face?!" Adonis interrupts.

"She's about to kill us and that's what you're worried about?!" Flynn gives him a look of disbelief.

"She ripped my moustache off my face!"

"You stupid ass, motherfu—"

He's cut off when Kamri starts counting, her eyes deadly.

"Five...four..."

Adonis, Flynn and I share a look before scrambling out of the booth. I push Adonis out of my way, who kicks Flynn out of his way, who bumps into a table. We run out of the ice cream parlour with Kamri hot on our heels, leaving Mia behind, who is now apologising to the shop owner.

*~*

Adonis, Flynn and I drop down on the couch with groans of pain.

Kamri kicked Adonis and Flynn's asses.

I ran into a pole before she could kick mine.

"Where's the kitchen?" Mia asks us.

I point to the doorway to the kitchen and Mia nods, walking away.

"I hope you three learned your lesson." Kamri says to us as if chastising small children.

We all groan in response before the front door slams open, and Octavia and Lucas stumble in, their lips connected.

Adonis' mouth drops open and his eyes widen comically, enhancing their violet colour. Kamri and I share a look but my attention is quickly shifted to Flynn when I feel him tense next to me. His jaw is clenched and he can't seem to tear his eyes away from Octavia and Luke.

I immediately grab his hand, lacing our fingers together. I give his much larger hand a squeeze and he finally rips his eyes away from the scene, meeting my gaze. I give him a reassuring smile and he manages to give me a small smile back, but his eyes are full of pain and sadness.

"I could only find one ice pack so I grabbed a bag of frozen peas and a frozen—oh!" Mia cuts herself off and freezes when she sees Octavia and Lucas, who quickly pull away from each other when they hear her voice.

"Holy shit!" Lucas gasps when he sees all of us.

I see Octavia eyes drift to Flynn and I's conjoined hands before quickly looking at Mia who's standing uncomfortably in the kitchen doorway holding an ice pack, a bag of frozen peas and...a glad-wrapped, frozen pork chop?

We all stare at each other quietly before Adonis breaks the silence.

"So," he starts, laughing awkwardly. "Kam ripped my moustache off my face today."