19. Crazy Thoughts

"Jiah?" Taehyung asked quietly, as if lowering his voice was going to somehow calm the storms, "What are you doing here?"

"I-I left my notebook on my desk when I came back to get it I saw the light on in your office... what-what are you doing here?"

Their eyes never left each other's, and Taehyung wondered what it was that got her so worried, so angry that her eyes turned twenty shades darker.

"I... I don't know," his voice was low, it was hushed, it was confused.

"Maybe you should get going," Taehyung rubbed his eyes and finally looked at his secretary properly.

She looked so different. Save for her eyes, everything was the opposite of what he saw everyday. He would notice how her hair was curled all the time, let out over her shoulders and covering her blouse, but right now it was tied in a sleek ponytail, not a single flyaway hair. Her normal bright, flowy garments now replaced with an awfully fitted black top, as well as some polished black tights as opposed to her usual work pants and skirts.

Only one question came to mind at that moment, who was the real Jiah?

"I will be, soon," he lied, "Have you collected the notebook you left?"

"Huh?" When she came back to her senses, she nodded, "Yeah, I will remember to take it back with me this time."

"I'll see you tomorrow then," he nuzzled into the sofa, but she didn't move.

"I think you should also head home, it's really late."

"I will," his voice was muffled and she sighed, crouching down in front of him. He turned to look at her, clearly tired, clearly annoyed, clearly wanting her to just leave. But she didn't.

When they met each other's eyes, Jiah felt herself having to physically clutch onto the coffee table behind her. Not once has she ever felt like her heart was falling through her ribcage, and she didn't like it now.

"Come," her voice was firm, and she instantly regretted it.

What's gotten into her?

"I'll take you home."

"Yah! Jiah!" someone interrupted the crazy thoughts running through her head when they hissed in her ear.

And she remembered why she was there.

What she had to do.

Jungkook and Hoseok probably expected her to get him to go home on his own so she could use his computer.

In fact, Jiah expected herself to do that as well.

"Let's go," she said again, "I'll take you home."