Chapter 33: Lighthouse In The Storm

Song Quote: What You Know
"And I can tell just what you want You don't want to be alone You don't want to be alone And I can't say it's what you know But you've known it the whole time Yeah, you've known it the whole time"
~~~

Third Person Pov:
Dark clouds filled the sky as rain poured down. Turbulent winds combined with raging waves rocked the Destiny's Bounty as those on board kept the vessel steady and on course.

"Hold the line!" Cole shouted his voice breaking through the howling winds. The ninja kept a steady grip on the sails as they held the rope down together.

"The winds are too strong!" Lloyd shouted back as he held his grip on the rope as another wave splashed up spilling sea water on the deck.

Zane turned his head to the lightning ninja that clutched the doorway under some cover yelling "We need everyone's help Jay!"

"But I don't wanna get wet! I only have one pair of underwear!" The lightning ninja retorted as the rain poured down on everyone.

"Your mom told you to pack more!" (Y/n) shouted wrapping the rope around her hand and tugged right behind Lloyd.

"Both of you! This is no time to be making jokes! The Bounty can only take so much" Kai snapped as this was a dire situation.

"You think I'm trying to be funny?!" The lightning ninja retorted. In response to Jay, echoes of laughter filled the salty air amongst the raging storm.

"Okay laugh all you want, but we'll see who laughs when I have to go commando!" The lightning ninja retorted as he kept a firm grip on the wall.

"Who's laughing?!" Cole exclaimed looking back at the blue ninja like he's going crazy.

The laughter continued as the noise grew louder and sounded as if it was surrounding the entire ship.

"Uh guys, why is the sea laughing at us?" Kai questioned looking around for the source of the noise.

"And why do I have a feeling we're not gonna get the joke?" Jay finished warily. From where Jay stood he noticed (Y/n) shift uncomfortably. Her body growing stiff as the noise grew louder ringing through the air.

Looking over the earth ninja noticed some starfish jumped aboard sticking to the deck. "Hey what's that?" Cole pointed at the creatures letting go of the rope to investigate.

(Y/n), Kai, Zane and Lloyd were all pulled forward by the sail each letting out a yelp.

"I'm coming!" Jay exclaimed running over and taking the end of the rope behind (Y/n) "I got it!" He smirked helping the four pull it back into place.

"About time Jay" Kai hissed as a wave splashed up soaking the lightning ninja as (Y/n) jumped out of the way just in time only getting her shoes wet.

"Oh perfect!" Jay groaned growing irritable as he looked down at his legs stomping the water out of his shoe.

"Your mom told you so" (Y/n) teased the lightning ninja as she winced feeling the water drain from her shoes.

"It looks like some sort of a...fish" Cole voiced as he walked over picking up the peculiar star shaped creature.

It looked like any regular starfish except for the razor sharp teeth on the underside.

"Wait! We must not let the starteeth on board!" Misako ran outside shouting to the group "They devour ships and won't stop until we sink."