2.3

On a night where the thunder roared in the sky, the lightning flashed as rain fell from the sky. Inside a house, the sound of scattering glass hit the ground, breaking on impact and the sound of screams could be heard.

"So? Why should I have to tell you where I'm going?! You're just my boyfriend, we haven't even gotten married yet and you think that you can control me? Well guess what, Daniel, I'm no longer that person two years ago who would've let you do so, so back off. I can go out anywhere, anytime as long as I want to. Daniel, if I wanted to, I can have as many boyfriends as I wish for, I can stay out for nights because that is my own freedom to do so!" Avian smacked a flower vase onto the ground, his face filled with fury as he directed his words to Daniel, who stood off to the side with an exasperated, yet tired expression.

"It's exactly because I'm your boyfriend that I wish you can tell me where you are going. Try to respect me as someone you love, and at least tell me that little information. You're right, you have your own freedom and you have always been given that, so why make it seem like I have always held you back? I've always given the best to you so I don't understand why you would say those words. Did you really think that I don't know what you've been doing, where you've been going ever single night? Who you've been with behind my back?" With those words, Daniel's expression was now filled with fury, his eyes dark with danger.

But no one would've known just how much his heart was breaking in that moment. He had always known, Daniel had known from the first time it happened.

It wasn't even three weeks after Avian was fully recovered until he changed. The person that Daniel had fell for was no longer to be found. Every single night, Avian went out, to clubs, to bars, anywhere where he could drink and play around. At first, Daniel didn't want to jump to conclusions so he didn't do anything.

Daniel let Avian do as he wished because he trusted that Avian was loyal, that Avian loved him still. But that trust was put in the wrong place.

On that day, Daniel's heart was destroyed.

It was a normal time at work in his office, Daniel was signing papers and decided to stay the night to catch up on work. By eleven at night, he decided to pack up and go back home but just at that moment, he had gotten a message, along with a picture sent with it. The message was from his brother.

Brother: Hey, isn't that Avian? Why's he hanging around in this type of place?

Daniel took a look at the picture and discovered that Avian was kissing someone. If that person had been anyone else, it wouldn't have caused as much harm as it had, but that person was his best friend. The place that they had gone to was a love hotel.

On that night, Daniel should've broke up with Avian. But he couldn't. Even though he knew that Avian was cheating on him, Daniel was too in love with Avian. So instead, even though he knew that Avian didn't love him anymore and was simply staying because of his parents, Daniel didn't do anything. He let Avian do as he wanted.

Daniel was a fool, even he knew that. But he loved Avian to the point where even if Avian didn't love him, Daniel was still willing to love him. Even if Avian hated him, even if his heart belonged to someone else, as long as Daniel was beside Avian, he was alright.

If Avian was beside him, Daniel could bear the pain. Even if their relationship was now one-sided, Daniel would carry the weight of it all. Because love was like this, love was going through a thousand pains but still willing to go through it all. Even if the person Avian loved wasn't him, that was fine. It was okay, because Daniel could go through it all. It was okay, because Daniel was willing to suffer. It was okay, because this was love.

"So? Now you know, are you willing to let me go now? I don't love you anymore, that much should be clear, the one reason I'm with you still is because of my parents. This ring, this ring right here, to me it is simply the most disgusting thing ever," With his words, Avian took off the ring around his finger, throwing it on the ground. He had a smirk on his face, as if he didn't have a single care in the world, as if his actions could be justified.