twenty one.

*:・゚✧*:・゚✧⠀⠀

*:・゚✧*:・゚✧

the colors started to peer over the horizon, just getting a taste of the water before growing bigger and spreading across the sky in a pretty smudge of pinks and oranges and yellows, destroying the dark blues and pushing away the night to make room for the suns chance to shine for the next hours.

jungkook always liked the sunrise, but something was better about it sitting on the beach, leaning back against taehyung chest, the both of them wrapped up in a warm blanket with their bellies full of sushi.

the ravenette thought back to their night at the sushi restaurant, the three of them laughing and talking until the plates were empty and not even the soy sauce remained in the dipping dish. he had asked if jimin wanted to come with them to the beach to see the sunrise.

"nah, i'm going to hang out here for a bit." jimin said, ruffling the boys black locks. "you go have fun."

jungkook could see the orange haired boy eyeing the soju bottles all night, his partying mood didn't die down i guess. maybe it never did. "here," the smaller boy said, handing jimin his phone and telling him to put his number in, "we can get sushi again someday."

"are you asking me on a date bambi?" jimin grinned, a light laugh coming after as he typed in his info. "i don't think your mans would appreciate that."

"you're my friend now jimin." jungkook said, taking his phone back with a smile. "get home safe okay?"

jimin was still smiling, but there was something off about it, something sad to his eyes as he looked at the younger. "you're a sweet kid, i look forward to our sushi date." he said, meaning every word before giving his a hug, holding on a little longer.

for once jungkook didn't mind being called kid, it was different coming from jimin, in a non condescending way.

that was a couple hours ago. taehyung drove by his house to grab the blankets a thermos of hot chocolate to bring with them to the beach. jungkook took a little nap in the car and felt more refreshed when they arrived.

it was getting colder, the summer always came to a fast end and the little warmth that it brought was disappearing quicker then they wanted it to. the cold fall would come soon and then the snowy winter after that.

"you warm enough?" taehyungs lips were close to his ear, his breath warm against his neck with each word he spoken. jungkook just managed a nod.

the brunette hummed but still rubbed the youngers arms to make sure he really was warm. they mostly sat in silence, occasionally taehyung kiss jungkooks cheek or right below his neck, but it was nice to just sit there and not really worry about anything.

taehyung didn't pester him with questions about what he was doing out or how he ended up with jimin eating sushi at 2 am, the call was surprising enough. and jungkook didn't continue his usual curious ramble trying to pry into the olders life. they missed each other too much to ruin this moment with annoying questions.

they had all the time in the world to figure that out, together.

"when do you wanna go home?" taehyung asked a few minutes later. the sun was fully up now, sitting happily above the horizons and lighting up the world as it began to wake up around them. the water sparkled now if only it wasn't so cold, jungkook may have dove right into it. "never." he said truthfully.

taehyung chuckled, "well, one day you could be living on the beach in hawaii. remember that." he said, patting the youngers thighs to get him to move, which he reluctantly did.

"are you busy today?" jungkook asked, ignoring the hawaii comment and just waiting for the older to finish picking up their blanket and thermos before walking back to the cadillac. "nope, i'm all yours."

jungkook smiled at that, opening the passenger side door and getting in the car, turning on the radio and enjoying the wind blowing through his bangs as they zoomed through the city streets.

the grey building was very familiar to taehyung by now, he's been here often and luckily not many people parked on the side of the road here. jungkook pulled out his house key and unlocked the door, somewhat wondering what he would find once the two entered.

of course, it had to be a screaming hoseok running out from the kitchen and tackling him in a hug. "jungkook i was so fucking worried! you were gone all night and someone said you were at a party, were you really? did you drink anything? don't take cups from strangers and avoid the punch bowl, i couldn't teach you he rules im so sorry i failed as your hyung, i'm trying not to baby you but god i love you so much i was so worried!"

jungkook let him ramble on and didn't really mind that he was shouting directly into his ear since he refused to let go of their embrace. taehyung squeezed by and let them talk, going to the kitchen to make some coffee probably since he was exhausted from the night of little sleep.

"hyung it's okay." jungkook managed to get some words in, "i was at the party for barely an hour, then i went and got sushi, i didn't even drink once." he pet the back of hoseoks fluffy hair and smiled once the older pulled away.
"i even made a friend."

hoseok smiled widely at that, "i'm so proud, my little baby is all grown up." he pretended wipe some fake tears away and the ravenette giggled.

"come on," he said, taking jungkooks hand, "all four of us are having breakfast."

"four?" jungkook questioned, walking into the kitchen and spotting taehyung talking to yoongi by the fridge. "oh."

hoseok didn't notice the tension he walked in on, he wasn't the best with that, "taehyung, you're tall, help me grab the plates. yoongi and jungkook set the table."

jungkook grimaced slightly but nodded, walking into the kitchen and grabbing the utensils while the other male took the cups and napkins to set out. they quietly put the things on the table, the silence only being disturbed by the youngest. "yoongi," his voice was almost a whisper, "i'm sorry for being rude the other day." he apologized.

yoongi was surprisingly unbothered, even smiling a bit as he ruffled the ravenettes hair, "hey don't worry about it, i should be apologizing, it was a lame idea to take you to that poker game." he said.

jungkook just shrugged and messed with the forks, setting them neat and straight on top of the napkins. "it's fine really."

"i didn't know you were hanging out with him again." yoongi didn't have to say anything, he knew who the older was talking about, so he just shrugged again, "yeah, i really like him." jungkook confessed, his eyes trained down on the table as his cheeks tinted pink.

those words sunk in deep with yoongi, a flash of anger igniting as he glared at the brunette laughing in the kitchen and hating the way he could seem so fake around people. if only jungkook knew the truth, he thought to himself, smiling a bit, knowing the younger would soon.

┆♡┆