Fifty Seven

"Jungkooks here! Hide your food!" Seokjin shouts as he runs to the kitchen with an empty plate.

The seven of them were chilling at Seokjins house, his big, luxurious, White House. Obviously, his parents were pretty wealthy. He didn't really get a say in this, the six of them just decided by themselves to come over.

Taehyung got up and greeted Jungkook at the door, allowing the boy to take some of his snacks that Seokjin had given. They came into the living room together and sat on the floor on either side of Hoseoks legs.

Namjoon has switched on the tv and was watching some program about snorkelling, with his legs crossed and a bowl of crisps in hand. Yoongi and Jimin sat on the sofa next to Hoseok, Jimin laughing at Namjoon everytime he got excited at the tiny sea creatures while he rested his head on Yoongis shoulder.

After barely one minute Jungkook got impatient and stood up to find the oldest. "Jin Hyung!!" He whined as he plodded into the kitchen. "Give me food~"

When he came out, Jungkook had a couple bags of sweets and snacks and sat back down happily in the floor. Seokjin came in not long after.

"That's it, we're out of food. Jungkook hasn't even been here for more than a minute." He said in a huff as he sits down on the arm of Namjoons chair.

"We'll buy you some more Hyung" Namjoon said, too concentrated on the tv show to turn his eyes away.

"Yeah you better. Jimin a moment please"

Jimin lifted his head and met eyes with Seokjin who shot him a look before disappearing into the kitchen. The younger pats Yoongis leg before standing up to follow Seokjin.

"Yes Hyung?" Jimin sang as he skipped into the room.

"I made the birthday cake you asked for" the oldest said, revealing a simple cake covered in icing. "And I left the top empty for you to decorate"

"Thank you hyung!! I'll decorate it now! Please don't let anyone in the kitchen"

Seokjin nodded and gave him a thumbs up before returning to their friends.

The younger boy got to work, making icing and decorating the top of the cake with all sorts of piping and sprinkles and even edible flowers. The candles were in the shape of hearts and he placed them evening around the writing he had so carefully done in the centre. Jimin stepped back and looked at the cake fully.

Did I ruin it?

Jimin bit his lip, thinking whether it was possible to start again. He should have took more time to make it look neat but he was too excited  for the birthday boy to see it.  Not to mention everyone would be questioning where he went.

"Have you done? Yoongi is already whining because you've not cuddled him for two minutes."

Jimin frowned at Seokjin who now stood at the other side of the table. "Hyung, I think I ruined it"

"What?" Seokjin looked down at the cake in front of him. "You haven't ruined it, Jimin it looks great. He'll love it"

"Are you sure?" Jimin asked worriedly. "I think I put too much on it."

"Well maybe you didn't need that many sprinkles but it looks great! Let's go give it to him, okay?"

The younger nodded hesitantly. He helped  Seokjin light the candles, and when they were finished Jimin picked the plate up and carried it into the living room, Seokjin leading the way and switching off the light as he entered.

"Why has it gone dark?!" They heard Tae squeal.

"They switched off the light you idiot" Hoseok deadpanned.