Chapter 2

Finally, history was over and it was time for algebra. Yay.

Not only do I hate algebra because it has a bunch of weird equations, but because I'm forced to sit next to Logan.

I set my stuff down on my desk and happen to see Megan walking in with Logan. I couldn't help but say something.

"Megan.. you do know you're not in this class, right?" I said, with a little attitude.

Megan took her eyes off of Logan and stuck her nose up at me, "Oh, Brooke. You're just mad because I have a higher GPA than you."

I brushed off her remark and opened up my agenda so I could write down my assignments, hoping she would get lost.

I heard her giggle which forced me to look her way.

She gave off the most devilish smirk. She continued, and I swear I wanted to break each one of her manicured nails when she said, "Or maybe it's because Brookie is jealous?"

I stared at her, hoping she could see the anger in my eyes.

Megan then checked her watch and kissed Logan on the cheek, who, by the way, sat there the whole time and watched us pick at each other as if he were watching TV.

"Got to go baby!" Megan exclaimed, piercing my ear drums.

She looked my way with that same smirk before leaving, and flittered her fingers towards me. "Bye bye Brookie."

As soon as she walked out the door, the bell rung. Hopefully she'll get a detention for being late, I said in my head. But just knowing that every teacher thought she was the most precious thing, she probably wasn't.

"Alright everyone, in your seats!" my bald-headed teacher, Mr. Irwin, said, even though everyone was already in their seats.

"Today is going to be a little different. Why, you may ask? Well, we are welcoming in a new student, that's why!" Mr. Irwin seemed way too enthusiastic about having a new student. It's probably just another delinquent for him to babysit for 40 minutes.

"Now everyone, please give a warm welcome to.. Thomas!"

A fairly tall, thin kid walks in the doorway. He has dirty blonde hair, and seems a little shy. Has he heard about our class before he came here?

And, I can't believe I'm saying this, but he's actually kinda cute.

So, Thomas, how about you introduce yourself?

Thomas nodded, and faced the class.

"Well, I'm Thomas Sangster, and I was born in the UK," he spoke clearly in a hot British accent. Wait what am I saying?

I heard girls gasps and chatter erupted.

Mr. Irwin finally got the girls to calm down and Thomas continued.

"I also play the bass in my family's band."

The girls spoke another monotone "ooh"

Thomas then made direct eye contact with me, which sent a wave of shivers down my spine.

We broke eye contact when Mr. Irwin spoke again.

"Very cool," he then added, "well Thomas, thank you very much for sharing, and I will put you in a seat."

Put him by me, put him by me, I continuously chanted in my head.

Numerous girls raised their hand, as if they had an empty desk by them. They didn't, I did.

Mr. Irwin finally made up his mind and pointed to the desk by me. I gave off a dumb smile, but luckily hid it in my agenda so Thomas wouldn't see.

After my smile went away, I lowered my book. He smelled amazing.

My heart was beating so fast. I really liked this boy. Maybe it's because of his hair. His accent. His face. Heck, I say all of the above.

I just jotted down Mr. Irwin's notes, not letting my hand rest.

It's then when Thomas spoke to me.

"You sure have a lightning fast hand," he whispered to me when Mr. Irwin wasn't looking.

I smiled like a fool again and replied, "Wouldn't want you to get in trouble for talking on your first day."

I could feel the other girls' eyes glued on Thomas and I.

Thomas shrugged, "Eh, he doesn't notice," he pointed up at the board, "He's been trying to draw that bloody diagram for 10 minutes."

I looked up at the board and saw that with everything Mr. Irwin wrote, he erased it again to start over.

I laughed under my breath. "I'm Brooke by the way."

Mr. Irwin swung around and looked over the class. He then continued on the board.

"Well, it is very nice to meet you, Brooke."
Finally, the bell rang and Thomas and I packed up our things.

"What's your next class?" I asked.

Thomas pulled out a piece of paper from his pocket and replied, "Science with Mrs-" he squinted his eyes at the name on the paper, "Wuppack?"

I laughed at his name pronunciation, "So do I."

Thomas shoved the paper back in his pocket and smiled.

We walked on to our next class, and I felt happier than ever.