17. WELCOME HOME

CHAPTER SEVENTEEN
[WELCOME HOME]

It took Molly almost an hour to find her way out of the woods

It took Molly almost an hour to find her way out of the woods. It would've been great if Kai whooshed her out of there with him, but she didn't expect much else.

Thankfully, the rain had stopped, but she was still freezing. Her teeth chattered as she trudged out of the woods.

The road was so dark, it looked like a black river. No streetlight in sight wasn't a great sign, but she took her chances. She crossed her arms and walked down the side.

Every once in a while, a car drove by, none stopped. She couldn't blame them, she wouldn't stop either. She's seen too many horror movies.

Molly glanced behind her at the sight of headlights illuminating the trees came into view. She squints as the car practically blinds her. She turned back around and waited for the car to pass, but when it didn't— she turned around again to see it coming to a sudden stop behind her.

Molly began to panic. "Shit shit shit shit." She said to herself as she kept walking. She obviously didn't want to walk all the way home, but she also didn't want to get kidnapped.

She heard the car door open. "Molly?" A familiar male voice says.
Molly spun around again, holding a hand up to keep the light from out of her face. She squints, and could see the outline of someone stepping towards her. "Holy shit." He says quietly, and steps in front of the light.

It took her a second to realize who it was. "Matt?" She says, her eyes widening. Molly runs over to him and embraces him in a huge hug.

"How are you here?!" He questions, squeezing her tightly, then pulling away.

"I found a way out." Her mouth twitches, she could cry. Matt notices her wet clothes, and her lips were blue from the cold.

"Come on," He says, putting an arm around her and leading her to the passenger seat of his truck. It had an attachment on the end with doors— it looked like some sort of transport vehicle. He went to the back and grabbed her a blanket before getting back in the car.

Molly took it eagerly and wrapped herself up in it. "Thank you." She shivered.

"How long have you been out here?!" Matt asks, as he begins to drive.

"Hour, maybe?" Molly shrugs. "I got lost a couple times— these woods aren't very familiar."

"Well, you're not in Mystic Falls." Matt responds. "You're about half an hour from Whittemore."

"Can you take me there?" Molly asks.

Matt glances at her and back to the road. "Of course."

Matt pulled the car in to the Whittemore library parking lot. He'd texted everyone to meet. Molly was anxious for what questions might be asked, but knew she had to protect Kai from them.