Chapter 9 {DANIELLE}

DANIELLE

DANIELLE

I grew tense in my spot, afraid that a fight was going to break out between Nate and this pizza man. Why had Nate been so rude?

"Oh shut up Joe, you aren't gonna do shit." Nate called the mans bluff as he casually seated himself at the bar counter.

"You're an asshole, yanno that?" The man scowled as he leaned against the counter in front of Nate.

Nate simply laughed in return. So they must know each other I assume. I also assume the mans name is Joe.

Just then I began to feel a gaze on me, causing me to look up and make eye contact with the tall buff man, Joe. He immediately looked away then bent down to Nate's level.

"Who's the pretty lady?" Joe asked in a hushed voice that I could still hear as I stood behind Nate. "I thought ya had a girlfriend named like DL or somethin'?"

That's when I began to glare daggers at Nate before lightly slapping him in the arm.

"What the hell was that for?" He whined as he rubbed his arm.

"You're telling people my name is DL?!" I accused, crossing my arms.

He simply put his hands up in surrender before motioning for me to sit on the bar stool beside him.

"Joe, this is Dani." He introduced us. "Dani, this is Joe."

I sent Joe an awkward wave before his eyes grew wide in disbelief and he quickly removed his hat, tossing it on the counter. His hair was tossed in every which direction.

"You're the DL?" He asked in disbelief, making me nod in response. "Ya mean to tell me you're the girl Natey here has been lookin' for for like 5 years?"

"Uh," I started awkwardly, not really sure how to react to his reaction. "Yeah, I guess..."

"Well it's a pleasure to meet ya ma'am." He exclaimed as he graciously shook my hand, making me laugh. "I've heard loads about ya, especially about your looks, and I must say, you're definitely shorter than I imagined."

Joe was pretty cute and I could already tell he was one of those giant teddy bear dudes.  I think I liked him already.  Well, not in that way, but in a friendly way.  However, I did know of someone who would like him in that way...

"Pleasure to meet you as well, Joe."  I laughed. 

"So, you gonna cook us up some pizza or what dude?"  Nate interrupted our little conversation. 

I watched as Joe simply rolled his eyes and went towards the back. 

"So you made a friend here, I see." I teased Nate with a smile.  "He seems nice.  Kasey would like him." 

He rolled his eyes at me in return before spinning in his chair.  The childish Nate I once knew so well was showing through, and I think I liked it.  I mean, of course I did, he's literally perfect. 

He always tells me how I'm so selfless, but I honestly couldn't disagree more.  If anyone's selfless, it's him.  He drove all the way across the country just to find me and spent five years doing so.  That's as selfless as it gets in my book. 

"Don't be letting him try to steal you from me."  Nate suddenly snapped me out of my thoughts. 

"Huh?"  I shot in return. 

"Joe is a total flirt, and I don't want him stealing you from me."  He repeated himself. 

I bursted out laughing before hopping down from my chair and engulfing Nate in a tight hug, taking him by surprise. 

"What's so funny?"  He deadpanned. 

"No ones stealing me from you anytime soon, I promise."  I promised him, before whispering the next part in his ear.  "You're all I want." 

It was true, he's all I want and all I'll ever want.  My life didn't feel right without him by my side, but that's my fault.  Now that he's here though, nothings taking him from me. 

I looked up at Nate and he was blushing wildly.  It was so cute.  Well, that was until we were interrupted. 

"Why are ya guys whispering into each other's ears all seductively?"  I heard Joe call out from behind me.  "No sex in the pizza parlor, please." 

I quickly stepped away from Nate, my face beating red from blushing.  Why would he even say something like that?  I wasn't being seductive and I wasn't even thinking about sex. 

"I was not even being seductive."  I argued as I seated myself back down in the spinny bar stool.

The place was filled with awkward silence until Joe finally came back with our pizza. 

"Thanks man."  Nate thanked him.  "See ya." 

We exchanged our goodbyes before exiting the pizza place and heading back to Nate's apartment. 

Due to him holding the pizza, Nate didn't hold my hand like he did on the way there, which I'll admit was a little disappointing.  I liked holding his hand. 

When we finally made it back up to his apartment, we didn't really say anything as we ate our pizza, which was delicious might I add. 

"You wanna watch that movie still?"  Nate questioned as he finished eating, putting his dish in the sink. 

The movie sounded great before we got the pizza, but now I was just exhausted. 

"I don't know, I want to but I'm really tired."  I stated. 

"Let's just watch it in my room so I don't have to wake you up if you fall asleep."  He laughed before grabbed the movie and heading to his room. 

I trailed into the bedroom a few seconds after him and he was already on the bed with the lights off and movie in.  Dang he was fast.  I closed the door behind me and awkwardly laid down beside him. 

"By the way," Nate spoke as his gaze remained on the TV and a huge smirk was plastered on his face. "You definitely said that seductively." 

~~~~~

You didn't actually think I'd be mean enough to post that up without intentions of posting a real chapter today did you?(;  anyways, here it is, I hope you guys liked it!  This chapter flowed out really easily, so hopefully the rest will be the same

Thank you so much for reading, I hope you have an amazing day!❤️