Chapter 49

"Are you sure your parents wont hate me?" Haru asked for the nth time making Heuningkai sigh before smiling and gripping onto her arm.

"Yes. I'm pretty sure you'll be fine, plus my parents aren't that bad." Kai smiled before opening the gates to his home making Haru widen her eyes.

"YOU LIVE IN A MANSION?!" She yelled staring at the huge building in front of her her eyes widened with awe.

"Don't be so surprised m'lady. You'll be living here one day with me" Kai winks playfully making Haru blush before lightly smacking his arm.

"We're thinking that far now are we"

Both Haru and Kai turn towards the voice and a lady with a warm smile stands there. "Mom!" Kai exclaims running towards her and pulling her into a bone crushing hug.

"This is Haru. My girlfriend" Kai introduces as Haru bows quickly making his mom chuckle lightly.

They follow her inside and take a seat at the super long table.

"You have a pretty name. I'm surprised this idiot was able to get such a sweet wife" his mom comments making Haru choke on her juice as Kai freaks out before patting her back lightly.

"Mooom,we aren't married..." Kai pauses

"Yet"

Haru chokes even harder at this making Kai and his mom chuckle before helping her.

"Your name doesn't sound Korean. Are you from somewhere else?" kai's mom questions making Haru nod.

"Yes actually. I'm Japanese Korean. But I lived in America for most of my life." Haru smiles.

"Oooooh. We can give you a Korean name" His mom claps her hand before smiling and examining Haru.

"Your Korean name is now Jaehwa. Because you're Kai's treasure"

Haru blushes before fiddling with her fingers. She didn't expect kai's mom to be this nice. To be honest she still felt awkward with her, but the fact that she had basically named her made her feel a bit more relaxed.

The rest of the brunch went particularly well, before Kai's mom insisted on them staying for the night. They followed, and were now stuck in the same room together for a night.

Sure they'd slept on the same bed together many times, but for some weird reason both of them were extremely shy and blushy this time.

"Sorry if you feel uncomfortable" Kai muttered making Haru chuckle.

"You kidding? I've been keeping up this quiet act the entire day, my mind really needs to start spewing nonsense right this instance" Haru laughed tickling Kai before being counter attacked by him.

"We should sleep before mom wakes up."

And with that the two of them fell asleep, for real this time.