Chapter 38: Epi-A Wild Family

(This is the epilogue chapter but it's broken up into small pieces for each character. Please read the note at the bottom once you finish the chapter. :) ) 

Time had flown by the past few months and Larro was now running late. He and Ariel had been busy since five in the morning with meetings and getting things ready. They went in early to try and finish up before the time the doctor had said Arron was due, but they were really cutting it close.

They raced hand in hand through the halls, ignoring several nurse's and doctor's warnings to tell them to slow down. They finally did when they came skidding into the delivery area, then into the room. Arron looked exhausted but was definitely still pregnant. Rylan looked like he hadn't slept in days, which was true. At first, Larro had wanted to castrate him for how irresponsible they had both been, but damn did the boy step up when it came to taking care of Arron. The smaller boy had quite the amount of dramatic mood swings and cravings over the past few months but Rylan catered to every damn one without complaining.

"Hey sweetie." Ariel said as Larro let go of her hand so that she could go give her son a kiss on the forehead and hug Rylan. Larro walked over and squeezed Arron's hand gently, but before they could do much else they were all ushered out of the room. Normally they would let the father stay, but Jordan walked in right behind them and made Rylan step out with him. He also held open another cheetah book the two had been reading once in awhile to a specific page.

Rylan obviously wasn't in the mood to read, but he did as told. They stood silently for several long minutes, letting him know that the two were deep in mental conversation. When Jordan finally nodded and turned to shake his and Ariel's hand, Rylan grumbled.

"Excuse me?" The doctor said, instantly gaining everyone's attention as he leaned out the door to Arron's room.

"Rylan?" He asked.

Rylan stepped up but Jordan was quick to block him.

"We will all go in together when Arron is ready." He said.

The doctor looked confused but just shrugged and nodded.

"Alright, you'll be allowed in soon."

He quickly closed the door but returned to open it about ten minutes later.

"You guys can come in but you need to keep it quiet please. Arron is sleeping."

They all nodded as they walked in.

Wait.

What?

Jordan was snickering and Rylan looked confused but still excited. Larro was glad that he wasn't acting aggressively, considering what male lions normally did when their kid wasn't exactly their kid.

He very slowly walked over to a full-grown cheetah resting stretched-out on the bed with a tiny little cub suckling at its belly. Arron's cheetah had grown by leaps and bounds over the months, the vet saying that it was likely because of the fact that his body had to change rapidly to handle the pregnancy. He was out cold, but it was a job well done.

Ariel went to stroke his soft fur as she watched Rylan run his thumb gently over the tiny little cub. It had a gorgeous set of spots, just like a cheetah. A faint tuft of hair on its tail just like a lion. And a stunning silvery-grey coat... just like an elephant.

Larro knew that some animals, especially cats, could have litters fathered by multiple males and sometimes even long after they had bred, but he'd had no idea that they could mix. In fact, he doubted that they could... in normal animals.