chapter thirty-four

The rest of the time Journey kept crying

The rest of the time Journey kept crying. Blair and Jax were trying to calm her down without me but they couldn't.

Eventually, they gave up and let me hold Journey who calmed down as soon as she was in my arms.

Blair didn't even look upset when her daughter didn't even like her, she just kept all her attention on Jax.

I took her outside to wait for Jax to come out and drive us to his home.

Blair and Jax walked out laughing and giggling at whatever.

He is fucking serious right now?

What is this shit?

Wait... is this a dream?

He unlocked the car and I put Journey in her seat sitting next to her rather than the passenger seat.

The whole car ride was quiet.

Well, I was being quiet while Jax kept calling my name.

Journey fell fast asleep. When we got to his house I picked her up carefully making sure to not wake her up. I went upstairs and laid her down in her crib giving her a kiss.

"Goodnight baby."

As I was about to walk out the door I was pulled back in.

"Brynnley, talk to me." I just looked up at him. "Did I do something wrong?"

"You didn't let me hold her while she was crying for me and you defended Blair who was hurting your daughter when she pulled Journey out of my hold."

"I wanted her to get to know her mother. Can you blame me? I'm trying to build a friendship between us."

"Okay," I said getting ready to walk out again. He pulls me back and I crossed my arms and sighed. "What?" I gave him an attitude.

He deserved it.

"Why are you so angry? Didn't you want Journey to get to know her mom too?"

"Yes but not that way. You guys basically forced her to do something she didn't want to."

"Why does it matter? She's not even your daughter." He spats. His eyes widen when he realizes what came out of his mouth.

"And Blair is? What because she gave birth to her and I didn't? Blair left her on your doorstep because she didn't want her! I've been in Journey's life more than she has! Why are you siding with her?"

"Because she is my daughter's mom. She's changing and she wants to be there for Journey. If you can't live with Blair being in the picture then you can leave." He pauses. "You're not her mom so it wouldn't matter if you left or not." He spats.

She looks taken back

She looks taken back. A hint of anger and hatred flashed in her eyes.

"Fine." She spats walking out and slamming the door.

I turned around to see my mom.

"Jaxson, why did you say that to her?" She asks her eyes teary.

"It just came out. I didn't mean for it to come out." I said. I turned around trying to catch up to her but I couldn't find her anymore.

I needed her.

How can I be this fucking stupid?

~

This weekend has been awful. Journey won't stop crying for Brynn who I can't come in contact with.

I haven't told Dylan or Kian what happened because I knew it would upset them.

I got in school and walked to my locker where Dylan and Kian were standing.

"You haven't texted us all weekend. Why?" Kian asks.

"I did something bad."

"To who? What did you do?" Kian asks frantically. Dylan rolled his eyes and glares at me.

He knew.

"I got in an argument with Brynnley and I told her that if she left it wouldn't matter because she wasn't Journey's mom." Kian started to get red.

"Why the hell did you do that for?" He hits the back of my head twice.

"Because I was angry," I whispered. I'm ashamed of what I did.

"Tell him how you defended Blair too," Dylan said through his teeth. Kian looks at me with disbelief.

"What happened to our Jax?"

"He's still here okay? I just don't know what happened. I just wanted Journey to get to know her mom."

"Blair isn't her mother. Brynnley is." Kian tells me.

"Brynn," Dylan whispers and looks behind me. I looked behind me to see her walking into the school.

She was wearing a black hoodie and jeans. She had a black eye.

She tries to walk past me but I grabbed her wrist pulling her back.

"Who did this to you?" I asked clenching my jaw.

"Why do you care?" She spats.

Maybe I deserved that.

No, I definitely did deserve that.

"I care a lot about you," I said softly.

She scoffs. "You didn't care about my feelings the other day so why give a damn now?"

"Brynn, I'm sorry."

She rolls her eyes and shakes her head.

"Sorry doesn't mean a damn thing to me, Jax. Fuck off and leave me alone." She rips out my grip.

I stand there shocked.

I really fucked up.

"Fix this soon or you'll lose her for good," Dylan tells me before walking off to his class.

"I got your back buddy. We'll get her back." Kian gives me a sympathetic smile before going off to his class too.

"Fuck." I mumbled to myself before slamming my locker closed.

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

published: October 21st, 2020

alright so should we all team up and jump jax?

I think we should, let me know when y'all are ready. I'm picking y'all up.

Ouuu also bring snacks.

I hope you guys are having an amazing week so far.

Anyways enjoy the rest of your week, if you have anything to spill then go ahead. I read everyone's comments and I try my best to answer everyone so feel free to message me or comment whatever you want.