Chapter Twelve: Spit It Out

────────────────────────────
-'ˏ Margo's Pov ˎ'-

╭                                             ╮
Billy Hargrove's House
Monday , 6:30 a.m
╰                                             ╯

────────────────────────────

He stared at me stunned before he tried regaining his composure. "Uh nothing never mind." He said awkwardly as he shoved more food into his mouth.

"Billy." I said irritated at him knowing he was keeping secrets. I crossed my arms and leaned back into my seat "Spit it out."

"No!" He said suddenly as angry at me as I was at him. He shoved his chair backwards and got up to leave.

"Don't walk away from me!" I yelled as I chased after him. Every step of his took me at least two, even three steps so he had time to get to his room and slam his door before I was even halfway down the hallway. I slammed his door back open and watched him flinch as the door banged against the wall. He was laying face down on his bed with his arms tucked under the pillow he was suffocating himself with. I sighed and angrily ran my hands through my hair.

I heard him mutter something I couldn't hear so I stepped closer and sat on the edge of his bed. "I can't hear you." I told him honestly. He just repeated himself into the pillow where I still can't hear him.

"Billy will you speak u-"

"You don't even remember?" He asked me sounding hurt.

"Remember what? I remember you dragging me to a party! I remember being mad so I went to go find you and YOU hurt my feelings." I said poking him accusingly as I continued to talk. "So I walked away from you and I got drunk off my ass. And I- I remember you kissing me in the car? Wait you kissed me." I said remembering a little bit of what had happened. I sat there in dead silence waiting for him to fill me in.

"Why would you kiss me?" I asked him confused. He dragged his face out of the pillow and gave me a sour, but still hurt, expression.

"You don't remember." He muttered to me again before he smashed his face back into his sheets.

"Remember what? Why don't you tell me then?" I told him exasperated with his little game.

"Yeah we went a lot farther than kissing. And we were both drunk. So so drunk. But you don't remember and I feel like I took advantage of you but that's not what I meant to happen!" he said staring into my stunned face. He opened his mouth like he was trying to find more words to say to smooth this over.

My mouth just hung open. I drunkenly slept with Billy Hargrove. My mom would be so disappointed with me. The farthest I've previously gone with a guy was a small peck on lips during my middle school winter dance. And to make matters worse he felt BAD about it.

He regrets it just as much as you do.

My body cringed in response to my own inner monologue. As I was lost in my own thoughts he must have came around to my side of the bed. He stood inbetween my legs that were hanging off the mattress and gently grabbed my face in his hands.

"I don't want you to hate me."

"I- I feel sick." I mumbled trying to get his hands off my face. It was dead silent after that.

"Please talk to me." He said as his voice almost cracked.

"I don't know what to say." I told him as my face heated up and I squirmed uncomfortably under his gaze.

"Usually I'm an asshole ok I-" He started before I interrupted.

"Glad you're self aware." I said sarcastically as I tried to use humor to lighten up the situation.

He ignored my statement and ran right over it with his own words "I usually don't care who stays and who goes in my life. People are temporary, I know that." He said cringing. "You make this hell hole of a town better. This whole city reminds me of why I had to move here in the first place. Susan is always breathing down my neck making me suffocate, my dads a complete dick. But I'm able to forget all of that when I can distract myself."

"Billy."

"Hm?" He said as his head cocked to the side while brushing a stray hair back behind my ear. My eyes pricked with tears but I choked them back down.

"I'm not a distraction for your shit hole of a life." I said pushing him off of me. I grabbed up my backpack and quickly made my escape. I was almost to the door when his loud thudding steps came barreling down the stairs behind me.

"Fuck that's NOT what I meant Margo I-" Before he could finish I slammed the door shut, cutting his words off and ran down the street to the safety of my house before he could catch up again.