Introduction

BEFORE YOU KEEP READING, AN IMPORTANT REMINDER:

Even if it's based on a TV Show, this fanfic isn't for children. It contains mature language, blood, violence, curses, deaths, abuse, and sexual advances.

Please don't read it if you're not used to reading these topics. Remember this is just a story and we don't support any kind of abuse.

Finally, we hope you like it.

---------------------------------------------------

The Kingdom of Corona.

A kingdom that long ago was prosperous and full of joy, but now not even its shadow is as grand as it used to be...

Everything began to fall apart a year after the lost princess had returned, the same year a hurt and furious boy of 14 years old rebelled against Corona. Varian, the criminal alchemist.

All of Corona knew of his rebellion, of that epic battle and of his defeat. The records show that he was jailed, where the powers of Princess Rapunzel had successfully defeated the machines that he created, giving the guards a chance to capture him.

However, everyone had forgotten how intelligent this boy was; intelligent, as well as dangerous. And he was yet even more dangerous when he became the partner of the renowned criminal: Lady Caine. They created a revolt and escaped. The boy, capable of mass destruction, was free once more. And this increased the alarms all throughout the kingdom.

King Frederic, terrified of what Varian could do, increased security around his wife and his daughter to such a degree where both were prohibited to move around the castle alone. They needed to be watched all day and that started to oppress the queen and princess.

The king, however, began to engulf himself in his thoughts so much that little by little he became paranoid, always thinking about that alchemist, so often that he even began to see his silhouette in the darkness, with his glowing eyes and his mocking smile.

Frederic finally lost his sanity. He ended up locking up the queen and the princess in their chambers.

The king believed that when more time passed after Varian's escape, the more time he had to prepare himself. But he felt that they were still unprotected, that there were not enough guards. He felt that the young boy would return and snatch away his two most precious treasures.

And that's when the worst idea of his madness came to him. If he aligned his kingdom with a neighboring kingdom, he could strengthen their armies and better protect the princess.

Believing he was doing what was right, the king signed a pact.

What Rapunzel didn't know was that the way in order to seal the pact...

Was with a wedding.

Her wedding.

The princess couldn't believe it: Her father had engaged her with someone she didn't know to protect her from a danger that he only sees.

It was enough. She wanted to escape.

But the king found out and locked everyone up, including Eugene and Cassandra. No one could intervene at the wedding, and even though the princess cried and the queen pleaded, the king continued on with his plans.

The pact was sealed and now Rapunzel would be as protected as her father wished, but the young woman had never felt so miserable in her whole life...

Her wedding was with King Luzbel, who was a well known, powerful alchemist. He was capable of doing wonders with his alchemy, which was very different from what the boy from Old Corona did. This alchemy seemed magical, sustained with energy and circles of transmutation. With this alchemy, Luzbel could control and destroy the black rocks, which gained the approval of the old king.

But, as always, walls could not detain Princess Rapunzel.

One night she managed to sneak out and go all the way to her beloved Eugene's cell. He meant everything to her, and in the heat of the moment, the maiden made love with the former thief.

That was the beginning of the end.

After the occurrence of such recklessness, the young woman paid dearly for that impulse. She got confined, separated from her true love, who had disappeared and she never heard from him again.

Cassandra, her best friend, had also vanished from her life. Queen Arianna, her dear mother, died from deep sadness of seeing her daughter in such a horrible situation.

For Rapunzel, her life sank in an instant...

Soon, no one has heard anything yet about her, they've only heard rumors...

Rumors that said that Luzbel allowed her to give birth to two little twins...

Rumors that said that she became a test subject for his experiments...

Rumors that said that she had done an agreement with the king in exchange for allowing him those experiments...

Rumors that said that her body is poisoned and rotten...

But everything was just speculations of the kingdom that wallowed in misery... Or maybe not? 

Cover Art

Art by: Kaede02mangaka