Chapter Twenteeth

Savannah

Jack ended up staying the night.... I snuck him into my room after my parents fell asleep. I felt bad that he had to sleep on the couch.

We didn't have the guest room bed anymore because we bought a new one and it hasn't arrived. My alarm went off waking me up. Jack groaning trying to go to sleep.

I got up changing In new clothes and brushing my teeth.
I'll Just take a shower later when I get home. I put some deodorant on, taking it with me Incase.

I go up to jack shaking him a bit.
"What's wrong?" He asks waking up.

"Nothing... I'm Just heading to classes. Thought I'd wake you up before I leave. There should be breakfast downstairs when you want." I say.

He nods his head. "Okay I'm gonna head out."
Before I could leave, he grabs my hand pulling my down to him. He leans in, puckering his lips.

My heart races. I don't move. I close my eyes not wanting to see this. His lips kiss my forehead. "Have fun in class." He says. I nod my head before walking out the door.

Once I was out I let out a sigh of almost relief.
I knew I would think about what Just happened the rest of the day.

~
At lunch I told my friends about EVERYTHING. They were surprised. And speechless.

I just couldn't wait for this weekend. I drove home seeing jacks car still there. I was confused.

I quickly got out going inside and seeing my father with jack laughing. Please Jesus tell me my father didn't say anything.

"Heyyyy..... jack... wha-what are you doing here?" I ask.
"Oh well your dad asked if I could stay and get to know each other, and by the way. You never told me we had a picture of us together." He says.
As my dad walks out.

"Wha-wow.... what? What picture?" I ask like if I didn't know. "Oh this one." He says grinning while pulling out the picture.

Oh my god?! Face palm. The high school picture we have together. You've got to be joking me.

I motion for us to go to my room. Walking upstairs.

"Wooowww..... I didn't even know I had that picture." I act surprised.

He laughs it off.
"It's okay... but you never told me that you knew me before the party."

"Well you know... it'd be weird if I came to you telling you hey do you remember me. I took a picture with you." I say laughing awkwardly.

Making him laugh.
"Well... now i know. So that makes me feel a bit better that I was special enough to be out in your room in a frame." He smiles.

"Not that special that I'll put it back where no one will ever see it." I joke.

"Prove it." He says handing it back.

"Well... not right now. We're still friends." I say. He looked taken back.

"Friend zoned when I thought we were soon to be best friends." He acts hurt.
"You can be the best friend in the group of friend zoned." I say. Sitting next to him on my bed.

We sat there in silence. I fell back on my back on my bed. After a few Jack fell back facing me.

"What if I don't wanna be in the friends zone." He says slowly barely being able to hear. I turn to look at him.

"So Where do you wanna be?" I ask staring in his eyes. His eyes flicker to my lips for a second looking back in my eyes. I felt this tingling sensation in my stomach.

I couldn't help but do the same.
"I think you and I both know, Savs." He says laying his hands on my hips pulling me closer to him.

My heart beating faster by half the second. I could feel his breathe warmth and his lips inking closer. My eyes slowly closing before feeling them.

••••