Ch. 32 - Your First Test of Courage

A/N: Time for Hitomi to experience a test of courage!

----------

Hitomi watched in pity as Aizawa dragged Mina and the rest of the remedial group away

Poor Mina and the others...

"Okay everyone," Pixie-Bob said once they'd left. "Class B will be the first to be the scarers. Class A will leave in pairs every three minutes. There are tags with your names written on them in the middle of the route, so bring those back with you.

Now, you'll draw lots to determine your partners! Come on up, everyone!"

...

Hitomi glanced at her slip of paper, being one of the last few to draw lots.

8.

Looking back at her class, she checked for anyone who seemed to be alone, singling a specific person out.

Walking up to him, she placed a hand on his shoulder, holding up her paper and smiling at him. "Looks like we're a pair, Midoriya."

Midoriya beamed at her. "Kanetsukabe-san!"

Hitomi stuffed the paper into her pocket as Pixie-Bob called the first pair up.

"This is the first time I'm doing a test of courage, y'know. The closest we got to these were haunted houses in America. If this is anything like those, please bear with me, Midoriya. I might end up hiding behind you or gripping your shirt the whole time," Hitomi sweatdropped.

Midoriya shot her a warm smile, placing a hand on her shoulder. "I won't mind, Kanetsukabe-san! I'll protect you if you need me to." He laughed lightly, scratching his cheek sheepishly. "Though, you're the one with the better protection quirk between the two of us..."

Hitomi smiled back, realizing even more what Uraraka liked about him.

He's like a puppy.

----------

12 minutes later...

Midoriya glanced up at the sky, the sight leaving him confused for a moment. "What's that?"