Chapter 4

After making breakfast Shivaay and Anika sit together to have it.Anika serves him.Sitting next to Shivaay,she says-

A:  You know Shivaay,I was thinking something all these while.
S:  What?

A:  You knew it na that I can't cook?When you asked me what I decided to make,got little surprised!That's why I am asking.

Shivaay puts down his spoon and looks at Anika.

A:  Did I ask something wrong?

S:  No,of course not.I said it just like that.I know,I know that you can't cook.And I know everything about you!Shivaay sounds nervous.

A:  You almost scared me on that.Okay,let's have breakfast............She starts eating and praises the food he made.But Shivaay falls into tension.He says in his mind-

"From now on I have to be careful before uttering anything in front of Anika.Thank God she did not ask much.What would I answer?But it's true that I don't know anything about her likes,dislikes,habits,hobbies,anything at all.I have to upgrade myself on those.For myself,for Anika......"

Shivaay is talking with someone over phone-

S:  I need house staffs urgently.Make sure they are well-trained and skilled.Okay,do it fast.

When Shivaay is talking someone comes to meet him.One security guard escorts him inside.The man says-
Man:I have brought everything you asked sir.Here are those.That man hands over some files,pen-drive to Shivaay.

S:  Good.As long as I am in Delhi,I will handle the office here.You can go now.....The man leaves.

He starts going through the files.At one point he says-

S:  I need my laptop.Where.....Anika comes with the laptop.

A:  Are you looking for this?

S:  Yes,how did you know?

A:  Hmmm....Perhaps you have forgotten that I am a businessman's wife.I should have known all these.She smiles.You need anything else?

S:  No.Thank you.You go and take rest.

A:  I don't have time for taking rest.I need to find out something.

S:  What?

A:  Will tell you later..........Anika leaves and Shivaay gets busy in his work.

Some Time Later
______________

Shivaay comes in the room to see what Anika is doing and finds she has messed up whole room scattering different boxes,cloths and items.She herself is sitting in the middle of the bed surrounded by a pile of cloths.Watching that Shivaay says-

S:  FTW! What have you done to the room Anika?What is all these?
Anika brings out herself from the pile of cloths then coming in front of him,she says in a serious tone-

A:  I know what I am doing Shivaay.But you answer me one question-Who Am I To You?What Is Our Relation?Who Are You To Me?

Shivaay gets stunned on Anika's questions to the core.What will he answer?Such a serious situation!Watching Shivaay silent Anika says-

A:  You are taking so much time answering this simple question Shivaay?I am surprised!

Shivaay says in his mind-"Yes,very Complicated simple question!"

A:  Hello,what are you thinking?Answer me,who am I to You?

S:  You,you are my.......

A:  Your Wife,Mrs.Anika Shivaay Singh Oberoi,right?You took so much time uttering this sentence?Just unbelievable Shivaay!

S:  You know na Anika who are you to me?Why are you asking then?Shivaay says painfully.

A:  I am asking because I am a married woman.I am supposed to wear the symbol of my marriage like Nuptial Chain,Vermilion,two most important things of a marriage.But look at me,am I wearing those?
Shivaay stands completely speechless!There Anika continues-

But look at me,am I wearing those?Shivaay stands completely speechless!There Anika continues-

A:  At first I thought,I met with an accident so my nuptial chain must be lost somewhere.But one set must be at home.I searched entire house but could not find.At least vermilion box should be found but that is also vanished.

You said we came Delhi on a trip and coming here I met with my accident.So those things should be with my other belongings.Where are those?Now you tell me what I should do.I got reminded this morning.Thank God I got reminded.All these while I was without my nuptial chain.If something happened to you I would not have forgiven myself,ever!

Now what Shivaay will tell Anika?A totally namesake relation needs real things of marriage?Shivaay finds himself so crossed at that moment.Breaking the silence Anika says-

A:  Shivaay,I have an idea.Let's go for shopping.You will buy me a new nuptial chain.Come,we will go right now.......Anika tries to move but Shivaay stops her.

A:  What happened Shivaay?He says holding her hand-

S:  Anika,what,what is the necessity of nuptial chain/mangalsutra?Look at yourself.You are a modern girl,today's woman who lives in 21 century.Mangalsutra and all are very old fashioned in mentality!It does not make any marriage work!Couple's trust and love for each other should be the basis of a marriage.Mangalsutra is just a materialistic thing!

Shivaay knows what he is saying won't convince Anika but what else he will tell to prevent her?Hearing all those Anika makes her hand off from Shivaay's grasp and says in a very rigid,stern voice-

A:  You can preach what you believe but I believe in my marriage and in the power of mangalsutra.It may be materialistic thing for you but for me it's mandatory,inseparable part of my life!And I won't take any risk regarding this as it is a matter of my marriage,my husband and his well being.

I thought it was your responsibility and you would fulfill it but I was wrong.Today you have hurt me and my feelings beyond limit Shivaay......Saying those Anika storms out of the room.Going behind her,Shivaay stops her somehow.

S:  Anika...Anika plz listen to me.I did not want to hurt you,trust me I can never think of that.I was just.....

Without turning Anika starts moving ahead jerking off Shivaay's grip on her hand.He comes in front of her-

S:  Okay,you want mangalsutra right?I will arrange it.You don't have to go anywhere.Anika looks away with tear filled eyes.

Shivaay takes out his phone and calls someone.Half hour later some representative of a renowned Jewellery designer of Delhi come in Sunflower Petals with various collection of nuptial chain/mangalsutra and related ornaments.With Shivaay,Anika starts choosing.But she refuses to select anything intentionally to make Shivaay choose for her!Then Shivaay has no other option but to choose one,for Anika....