Archie Andrews x Reader

Sweetwater River was a taboo, Jason Blossom's death inflicting it. The river was not at all what one would perceive as dangerous or melancholy, in fact, was more of a sanctuary for peace and quiet. For Archie Andrews and (Y/N) Keller, it was their place, their haven. The one secluded area of Riverdale where they could be completely alone. When it was impermissible to go anywhere near the area, Archie and (Y/N) felt a shadow of sadness loom over them, that's why they decided to keep going there.

Being the Sherrif's child was like having a hawk flying over you constantly. Being the youngest of the Keller's by only a few mere minutes meant that that hawk was forever watchful. It was tedious having to sneak around from your own father, but for the price of solitude, that seemed reasonable.

"Archie, we need to be quiet!" (Y/N) giggled into Archie's neck as the two rested against the bank. Archie rose an eyebrow, playfully splashing (Y/N) with the cold water. (Y/N) suppressed a scream and instead retaliated by splashing back. The two continued to push the clear, cool liquid at each other for some moments. Archie laughed, holding (Y/N)'s hands in his own to prevent them from splashing him. The two caught each others gaze, smiling softly at one another. The pale moon rose higher into the midnight blue sky, its tender light shining down upon the blanket of water.

The two were illuminated in the light as Archie moved his hand up to cradle (Y/N)'s neck, slowly bringing their lips together into a sweet kiss. (Y/N) ran their hands through his thick ginger locks, causing a moan to roll off of Archie's tongue. The kiss was intimate, long, passionate, everything a kiss should be. Archie lifted (Y/N) up onto the bank so he was between their legs, no longer squatting in the water. His hands moved down to their waist which they squeezed every so often. (Y/N)s hands remained in Archie's hair as they slid their tongue into his mouth. The kiss slowly began to intensify, and would have continued if the bright light of a torch and yelling didn't break them apart.

(Y/N) slid back into the water quickly, Archie helping them down and pushing them behind him. (Y/N) held Archie's bicep in fear, the two not knowing who was running closer and closer towards them, breath short. What the two didn't expect was Sheriff Keller, (Y/N)s father. Once stopped in front of the two teens, Sheriff Keller held a hard and long gaze with Archie, before noticing his youngest hiding behind him.

"(Y/N)? What the hell are you doing here?" He growled, walking as close to the bank as he could. (Y/N) bashfully looked down as they emerged from behind Archie, holding onto his hand like it was their lifeline.

"Dad, I'm sorry, it's all my fault, please don't blame Archie, I brought him here I-"(Y/N) was cut off short by Sheriff Keller's hand.
"I don't want to hear it. Get out, both of you. You know you're not supposed to be around here!" He shouted, anger and irritation dripping from his voice. (Y/N) didn't meet his gaze, Archie was at a loss for words. "Out!" Keller seethed, causing the two to move as quickly as they could. Archie got out first, helping (Y/N) out before turning to Sheriff Keller.
"Sir, I am so sorry, we won't come here ever again." Archie tried to reason however the stoic look upon his face immediately shut Archie up.
"I already said I don't want to hear it. You are forbidden from this property and you are forbidden from seeing each other, do I make myself clear?" The horrified look on their faces said it all, (Y/N) squeezed Archie's hand tightly.

"Dad you can't do-"
"I said do I make myself clear?" He spoke more firmly. The two gulped before nodding their heads. "Archie, get yourself home. I'll be phoning your father about this. And as for you, you're grounded." He glared at (Y/N). (Y/N) could feel tears burning in their eyes as they let go of Archie's hand gently as their father began to walk through the woods to his car.
"I'm sorry." (Y/N) whispered, before pressing a soft kiss to Archie's cheek.
"(Y/N)! Now!" Sheriff Keller shouted. Archie felt powerless in that moment. All he could do was stand helpless and watch as (Y/N) retreated into the darkness.

-

After a few days, (Y/N) had managed to buck up the courage to talk to their father, after the encouragement from their brother of course. Meekly, (Y/N) walked into his office after knocking on the door, and stood in front of him. Straightening their back they stood tall, hoping to show the confidence that they wished they had in that moment.
"Dad, I-...I'm sorry about what happened at Sweetwater, but you can't keep me and Archie away from each other. It's not fair! We both are sorry and you know that, but telling us that we are 'forbidden from seeing each other' is a bit extreme, don't you think?" (Y/N) rushed out in a heap, trying to remember everything Kevin had advised them to say. Silence ensued.

"Okay."
"Look I know you're upset but- wait...Okay?"
"(Y/N), I've been thinking about what happened too, and, if your mother was here, she wouldn't, want me to...keep you two apart." Sheriff Keller managed to get out, feeling slightly guilty for his ruthless actions. (Y/N) was stunned, to say the least."Until Jason's murder is solved, I don't want you going anywhere near Sweetwater River though. I mean it." He warned, before (Y/N) embraced him in a tight hug.
"Thanks, Dad." They whispered into his ear. Sheriff Keller smiled, patting their back and sending them on their way.

"Go. I'm sure Archie has suffered enough as you." He jested.
-
Archie heaved slightly as he stopped for breath. He had finally reached (Y/N)'s house. Quickly he ran up the porch and was about to knock on the door when it flung open and he was immediately embraced in a hug. He instantly recognised the scent and wrapped his arms around his partner.
"God, I missed you." He whispered into their hair. (Y/N) smiled before pulling back, ignoring his shirtless, sweaty body.

"I missed you too." They placed a soft kiss onto his lips, drawing him back into their arms. Though their haven had been taken away from them, they found another within eachother's arms.

Credits: @jxghexdjxnes.tumblr.com