true loves kiss

“That is a microscope

“That is a microscope.”

Hailey snickered as Yasmine inspected the equipment she had managed to get from the science lab. It was the old stuff that they didn’t use anymore since they got knew ones. They were glad to get rid of the junk.

They didn't have stuff like this on the isle, the most scientific equipment they had was a single magnifying glass. They had to be up with a way to do everything else.

The young girl finally tore her eyes away from the equipment, giving the red head a questioning stare. “What does it do?”

“It takes small things, like an cell, and it makes them big enough so you can see.” She explained, laughing when the girl let out a long ‘woah’.

The red heads phone buzzed and she grabbed it off the night stand. Her eyes widened when she saw the text from Jay.

You're gonna miss Jane's party if you don't get your butt over here.

Today was Jane's birthday, and they were all going to the enchanted lake for her party. Hailey was so caught up with Yasmine she forgot about the time.

She sighed. "I forgot about the party. You coming?"

"Nah. I'm just gonna stay here and get to know my new toys." Hailey smiled before ruffling her hair softly. She made her way out of her house and down the trail that would lead her to Evie's.

Their houses weren't that far away from each other upon request. With the way things usually go for them, they asked for their houses to be close to each other in case of an emergency.

The last thing Hailey expected to see was Audrey standing in front of Mal threateningly with the scepter in her hand and the crown on her head. Her light pink outfit was much darker with a black lining around it and her blonde hair with pink and blue highlights was now a dark pink with dark blue underneath it. She looked completely evil.

She looked like someone Hailey would have been friends with if they were still on the isle.

"What's this?" The red head asked, motioning to the girl before them. Audrey ignored her, bending down close to the scepter, inhaling it's scent. The two girls jumped forward, trying to stop her. "Audrey stop. You don't have to-"

"Quiet!" The girl yelled, pointing the scepter in Hailey's direction. She could feel her lips sticking together, making her eyes widen in panic. Audrey had just spelled her. "This is between me and her."

"It's not a toy. It's dangerous." Mal tried to reason with her, but Audrey was having none of it.

"I want to be dangerous!" She exclaimed her hair whipping around her as she turned to face the purple haired girl. "My life was perfect until you stole it, and then Auradon turned it's back on me. It's time for a little payback."

Mal called for the girl to stop walking away from them. Audrey did, but she thrusted the scepter forward, sending a spell in Mal's direction. "You think he'll love you now you old hag?"

Seconds later, Evie, Jay, Carlos and Celia rushed to them. Carlos instantly moved to his girlfriend's side, checking her for any injuries, sighing in relief when he didn't find any. Well, he didn't find ant physical injuries.

Before any of them could do anything, she disappeared in a cloud of pink smoke, leaving them in a state of shock and confusion.

The three of them turned to face their purple haired friend, only to see an old person hunched over in her place. Hailey gasped in shock, trying to talk, but the only thing to come out was muffles. Their eyes widened more when they realize they were both spelled.

“You might want to think of a spell for that.” Jay told her truthfully. Hailey’s widened eyes never left the sight of her now old friend as Evie held her hands out to steady her. It was quite the sight.

Mal shook her head as best as she could. “There’s no spell that can reverse the curse of the scepter.”

“Well that’s a shame.” Carlos said slowly, trying not to let their friend know just how bad she looked. Hailey sighed. Did that mean she was stuck like this until they got the scepter back?

Mal held her hand out, motioning as she talked. Must be an old person thing. “Forget about me. Audrey’s out for revenge and all of Auradon is in danger.”

“What do we do?” Evie looked to their leader and future queen for guidance. She was always the one to get them out of their sticky situations. They believed in her, even if it would take her a while to do a simple task now.

“The only thing more powerful than the scepter is Hades’ ember.” Mal informed the four of them, her old eyes glancing between all of them.

Hailey tried to say soemthing, but it came out as nothing more than a muffle. Jay set a hand on her shoulder, silently telling her to shut up. "He would never just give it to us. Plus no one knows where his lair is."

“I do.” A voice behind Hailey said, making her jump slightly. They turned around to look at Celia, who Hailey forgot was even there for a moment. “I’m his errand rat. I got the key at my dad’s”

“You’re coming.” Mal said simply, making the girl sigh and stomp her foot slightly.

“But I just got here.”

Hailey turned her head as the sound of footsteps approached them. Dizzy and the twins walked to the front of the door, the girl screaming and grabbing onto the boys when their eyes landed on their old friend.

“Dizzy, stay here and take care of the twins and everything will be just fine.” Evie told her before turning to the boys. “Guys, go get your stuff.”

Hailey sighed, but nothing passed her lips.  Carlos grabbed her hands, pulling her inside the house and to the patio where Evie kept their isle outfits on standby.

"You could always kiss her Carlos." Celia informed the white haired boy, making the couple look at her with confused stares. "True loves kiss."

That made the couple stop in their tracks, both of their eyes moving anywhere but the person's beside them.

They had no doubt in their mind that they loved each other to peices, but what if it weren't the love they wanted it to be? What if it were only a platonic type of love instead of the love they craved. They would both be crushed.

Carlos pulled her into the closest room, a nervous look in his eye. They both didn't know if they should risk finding out the truth. They loved one another, but this kiss would tell them if they were truly meant to be. They could always just wait until they got the scepter back to avoid the topic, but then the suspense of knowing would leave them on edge.

"Should we-"

Hailey cut the boy off, bringing her lips to his in a soft kiss. Carlos isntantly reciprocated, wrapping his arms around the girls waist, bringing her closer to him. They tried to pour everything they could into the kiss, hoping that it would work.

As they pulled away, his eyes moved over every inch of her face. "Did it work?"

The red head could only smile at her boyfriend before speaking. "I don't know, let's give it a few minutes."

Carlos laughed before he wrapped his arms around her waist. He pick her up off her feet and swung her around, the two of them knowing they were meant to be. They also knew deep down.

But the single kiss they shared had confirmed it for everyone.

-

Someone tell me how I uploaded the WRONG CHAPTER YESTERDAY..

either way, I hope you enjoyed.

-devoid