𝟎𝟎𝟒 | BACK TO KANSAS

RICK GRIMES HAD been in a coma. Mya already knew that, of course, considering Lori had told her about it on the first or second night in camp. They'd both lost their husbands, or so they'd believed. A part of seeing Rick come back alive gave Mya hope, maybe Gareth was out there somewhere with Faith and they were both okay, but maybe they were long dead.

Mya sat next to Amy and Andrea, who were huddled close together. She couldn't exactly blame them, Andrea had almost died today, Mya couldn't imagine how she'd feel if something was to happen to Sophia. Her mother and sister were all she really had now, she didn't want to end up alone again. But the first problem was her father, her mother was too scared to leave him and Sophia clung to her no matter what. Somedays, Mya felt like running up to her dad and stabbing him as though he was just another geek.

Almost on queue, Mya glanced over at her family, who Ed had dragged to the other side of camp to sit at a different fire than the rest of the group. Her father drops a wooden log into the already huge fire he had created, he was going to end up drawing more attention to the group.

"Hey, Ed? You wanna rethink that log?" Shane called out, having immediately noticed the potential threat to camp. Usually, the group would look the other way when it came to Ed, not this time apparently. Then again, he'd never been a threat to anyone but his wife and two daughters until now.

Mya leaned forward, "Shane, don't, just leave him." She whispered to the former officer. She knew Ed wouldn't start a fight with Shane, he wasn't brave enough, but she knew her, her sister and mother would get the backlash of his anger later on.

Ed hardly looked up from where he was sat, "It's cold, man." He stated nonchalantly, shifting into a more comfortable position, the embers from the fire sparking up around him to cast a light onto his face.

"Cold don't change the rules, does it?" Shane shot back, ignoring Mya asking him to stop. She didn't think Ed would continue to answer back, but that was the least of her worries when it came to the subject of her father.

Shuffling from her position slightly, Amy leaned over towards Mya, "Is your dad always like this?" She asked in a soft whisper. Andrea's eyes hesitantly flickered over in her direction too, indicating that both sisters were wanting an answer.

Mya glanced over at Amy and Andrea before eventually returning her gaze back to her father. They really had no idea just how terrible he could be, either that or they did and they just didn't care to get involved. That was how most people acted when they found out the true nature of Ed Peletier. "He's worse behind closed doors, even if nobody else wants to admit it." Mya mumbled back, narrowing her eyes.