seventeen

THE CROWD GOES WILD AS JOHNNY
scores another goal. we all cheer the team name jumping up and down. me and annie are sitting front row, and emilia is also sitting with us.

"yeah! that's my baby!" emilia yells while clapping her hands together. i mentally roll my eyes as i look at the time left.

51 seconds and it's a tie. we need to get this to win.

the opposite team gets the ball first, but zane steals it and passes it to brandon. he shoots, but misses. we all groan and keep our eyes pinned at the ball which is now in johnny's hands.

he eyes the crowd looking for something, when his eyes land on me he gives me a soft smile from afar. i give him a thumbs up to indicate that he's got this.

24 seconds left, the big screen shows

"stop staring at johnny" annie yells

"i'm no, shut up" i retort as i make sure emilia didn't just hear that.

"yeah you are, look at your boyfriend not john" annie teases

i realize she is right, this whole game... i didn't pay attention to zane.

johnny dribbles the ball, but he gets blocked.
zane puts his hands up yelling for him to pass it. johnny ignores him and jumps, he shoots for the hoop from across the stadium. we all keep our eyes glued to the ball. it lands on the side of the hoop and circles around it. i cross my fingers

the ball drops in the hoop.

we all scream in happiness. our school won the finals. we win, well... johnny wins.

the team practically jump on eachother hugging. emilia and i walk down as the team goes to shower and change. zane runs up to me and kisses my cheek. "you guys did so well" i say as he hugs me and picks me up.

i look from the corner of my eye and spot johnny eying us. emilia decides not to hug him because he's too sweaty. i want to punch her.

i usher johnny over and it looks like he is dragging himself. zane keeps an arm around my waist.

"you did so good!" i congratulate him

"thank you" he says glancing at zane's hand.

johnny walks into the shower area and zane leans in to kiss me.

"woah uh" i stop him

"what?" he asks confused

"ok look..." i walk over and sit on a bench.

"... i'm really sorry, but i don't feel anything for you" i admit

"oh" he trails, his expression isn't as sad as i thought it would be.

"zane... you have no idea how much of an amazing guy you are, but you're not for me"

"i understand" he looks up at me and smile.

i stand up and we hug, i say goodbye.
he walks away and i sit on the bench, i sigh loudly. i hate that i'm not satisfied with any guy except johnny, this is so messed up. it was my idea for us to move on and i can't even do it.

a voice snaps me out of my thoughts.
"kenz?" johnny walks towards me. he's wearing a white shirt with black adidas shorts. his hair is dripping, looks like he just got out the shower.

i stand up and walk towards him.
"where are you going?" i question as i walk beside him.

"i'm driving home, i'm not spending the easter holidays here"