Work

______________________________

You feel so happy in the moment. He probably likes you back. You like him, you've never accepted feelings so easily before. You usually try to close yourself off.
"[L/n]," Iida says as if practising out your name.

Because of your parents you've tried to stray away from relationships. For the longest time you thought love wasn't real. However, your mum and Chef Mike seem to be close.
You've grown up thinking that love would always end in betrayal, affairs, cheating.
"hey, [L/n] focus," Iida says, in a harsher tone this time.
Oh right, he was trying to say something.
"Yeah." You mumble out, though it sounds groggy and the lights in the room now seem too bright.
"Wake up and do the work already!" He shouts and you feel your body jolt as a book is slapped down in front of you.

You're sitting at a desk, well you're lying half of your body on the desk while the rest of you sits in your chair. You see stacks of books and many pencils. Even a pot for sharpenings. It's organised but not perfect. It just looks like you're studying. You rub your eyes and feel how tired they are.

Oh, of course. Really? Really? That's classic. Of bloody course. You just can't have a good moment. You were just getting sentimental as well.
Still, with your head on the desk, you look up to Iida with a pouty face.
"Dude, I was sleeping!" You retaliate and attempt to go back to your dream. It was nice. And about Iida. Oh god. Oh fuck.
Yeah, this is real classic of you.
You're just the most original teenage girl out there aren't you?

You feel a spike of shock hit you and all of a sudden you're really awake. You sit up from the desk and quickly wipe some drool from your cheek, aw it must have been your medicine or something. The prescription you got a few days back. It makes you so tired and gives you crazy vivid dreams. But a dream about you and Iida.
That's just silly. That didn't happen. It's too cliché.

Oh, you blame the school for this! In English class, Present Mic has been making you all watch old English films and read old English literature! It's been on your mind none stop but-- did you really dream all that? It just doesn't seem right. It's very unlike you.

Iida scribbles some notes down in his book whilst he also has an open copy of 'Lord of the Flies' in front of him. Well, he doesn't scribble. He writes in cursive, the letters all meet up perfectly and makes his writing look elegant.
"Are you going to keep staring at me or start your work? I don't want to be getting in trouble because of you." He gives you a side glare and you pout before looking away and down at your work.

He's still cute. That's unfair. He should at least be ugly in real life so you know that all the emotions aren't real of something. But it's not like you just like him for his looks, he's also caring for his friends and he works so hard. Even right now he's studying for an exam that he'll ace. If you were on his level then you wouldn't waste a second revising. You'd just mess around all day. Well, you still do that with your dumbass.
It's just admirable to watch him put so much effort in.
Maybe you should try putting effort in too.

You pick up the pencil in front of you and your own copy of 'Lord of the Flies' a lot of the words in here are fancy. Even a fluent English speaker would have to stop and think at some. But that's not an excuse for you to slack off.
You have an exam on this book next week, next Friday. That's two days away.
Okay, no panicking.

You just need to learn quotes. And character analysis's. And English. Okay so, there's the twins Sam and Eric, as the book progresses they become one or something and they're name changes to 'Samneric' poor Eric. Why can't it be 'Ericnsam'? Actually no, you can see why. It just doesn't sound right.

You begin writing about those two. How in the book they start off as humours relief then by the end they become message bearers. They tell the main character to be cautious and that people are hunting for him. Well no, they say 'he has a stick sharpened at both ends.' Which you at first thought was some solid sexual tension before you then realised they meant a really pointy stick.
You also write about the fire. In this book there's a group of school boys trapped on an island and for a bit Sam and Eric are meant to look after the fire sending out a smoke signal for passing by ships.
However, the twins gets scared of a beast and end up running away.

"You're actually work--"
"Ssshh, I'm thinking." You ignore Iida as you continue to write. Once you've gotten into the flow of it you're fine. You know English. You can speak it. You have relatives who can only speak English. It's just hard to kick start your brain into English after thinking and speaking Japanese for such a long time.

Once you finish writing your last sentence you place down the pencil and look to Iida. You feel your heart turn it a fucking mess when you actually see him. This is unfair. How is he allowed to look like that? So, handsome, so defined.
He's just a square! What do you see in him?!

"You're doing it again." He says and catches you by surprise. You flinch mildly but definitely blush. You can't be acting out like this. According to that dumbass dream of yours, you really want to, urgh, cuddle this boy. Who knew you were so soft?
"Sorry," you mutter and look down to the table and your work. It's all scribbled and messy. You can also tell that you spelt quite a few words wrong. Present Mic will think a toddler wrote it. "Thanks, by the way." You add but a small bit of you hopes he doesn't hear.

"Thanks for what?" He asks and you feel so dumb.
"For helping me out. I suck at revision. I always lose focus and stuff. It's good to have someone here who can--" Iida takes his focus off his work and instead looks to you with his natural patient smile. "Keep me focused, on my work. Of course, there's nothing else to focus on." You begin to ramble and mix in a nervous laugh.

The pair of you work for a bit longer. Iida tries to read what you've done but you refused to let him even look. He then began to tell you that 'the only way to make sure it is right is by checking it!'
But, you can't let him read this! It's messy and has so many spelling mistakes. Plus you could be looking at the book from a whole different perspective from him. He might read your work and say it's terrible. Or he can't read it and therefore it's even worse!
There's too many bad possibilities that you're not willing to take.

___________________________________
╔═══  *.·:·. ☽ ✧  ✦  ✧  ☾  .·:·.*  ═══╗
And for this boy,
everything has to be perfect.
╚═══  *.·:·. ☽  ✧ ✦  ✧ ☾  .·:·.*  ═══╝