ONE: dixon

"i said are you guys alright?" the boy presses, loosely waving his gun around as he spoke.

"yeah , we're alright" i answer, my eyes locked on the boy. my hand grips my dagger a bit tighter, the boy was oddly clean; only the occasional dirt stain. "who are you" i ask harshly, the growl of biters getting closer.

the boy shakes his head, "look i'll explain later but if you want to live come with me"

"why should we?"

"because if i was going to kill you, i would've just let the walkers eat you two alive" the sheriff hat boy answers, glancing around at all the nearing biters. i turn behind me to see that they were now only a couple feet away. i reach my hand out to my sister and pull her onto my back as the boy fired a couple more shots at the biters, hitting them right in the head each time. "follow me" the boy calls out before he takes off into the woods.

we run through the woods, our feet stomping on fallen leaves as the growls of the biters echo all around us. each step is a shot to my foot as my sister weighs down on me. i press my teeth together as sweat runs down my face. we finally got to the clearing and i had to stop. i almost collapsed as i sat my sister down; heaving in the air that seemed to never fill my lungs all the way.

the boy kept running until he noticed i'm following him anymore. he turns around, "come on, there's more coming!" the boy was right, i whip my head around to see the hoard inching closer by the second. i turn back around and look up, finally recognizing what was in front of me; a prison.

i grab my sister's hand and run despite the pain i am in. we're so close but we were surrounded. the biters are blocking the entrance and surrounding the fence, trying to get in until they noticed the fresh meat running up towards them.

"michonne let us in!" the boy yells but it was still no use, there are too many biters in front of the gate.

suddenly, i hear gunfire from behind the fence and saw the biters dropping like flies. the boy next to me started firing at the biters coming from behind us but there were too many, we would never make it,

from behind me i hear the clicks of a gate moving. i whip my head around to see two people sliding open the giant metal fence. i rush over, heaving my sister behind me.

i place her on the gravel and turn around to see the boy rushing after us; biters right on his tail. the gate starts to close, anticipating the boy's arrival, as people shoot out into the heard. the boy manages to slip through the gate before it closes, the biter's hands reaching through seconds later.

although we were safe from the biters, i still
kept my machete drawn by my side. as the group of people tended to the last few biters, their attention turned towards us, the strangers in the camp. i stood in front of my sister as the approached.

a man with slicked back hair and cowboy boots spoke first, "how many walkers have you killed?" i glance down at my sister, both of us visibly confused at what we were just asked. the man kneels down, "how many walkers have you killed"

"too many to count" i answer as i look down at the man in the cowboy boots. he nods before looking at my sister. "none" i state, answering for her.

"okay now how many people have you killed?"

i feel my heart drop; an automatic red flag. the fingers around my machete tighten as i start to realize the trouble we might be in. i rack my brain, trying to think of an answer they would accept as i scan my surroundings for some way to escape. "none" i lie, "neither of us have killed anyone"

the man nods slowly. i could tell he didn't believe me but instead of pressing further, he moved on, "why?"

"killing is bad" i briefly state, looking the man straight in the eyes. although this was a lie, it helped play into the fact i wan an "innocent" kid which i needed in order for them to let their guards down. my sister and i were surrounded by people, many of whom were carrying weapons.

the man cracks a small smile before slowly rising. he looks around at the people surrounding him, some of them giving him nods, before turning back to us. "i forgot to ask, what's your name. i'm rick grimes"

"i'm finn dixon and this is my sister claire" i blurt, not even considering the fact that i should probably use a fake name.

the man in front of us furrows his brows, "did you say dixon?"

"yeah why" i snap, unsure of what to make of his reaction.

he shakes his head as the other people around him gawk at us. "you mean like dixon dixon or" a man pipes up.

i look over at the man in confusion, "is there something i should know"

he starts to answer but quickly looks away from me. i follow his eyes to see that someone was walking up to the group of people; majority of themselves being blocked by the other bodies around us. "what the hell is going on here" a gruff voice asks.

immediately my heart sinks to the bottom of my chest as the voice rings through my head. the crowd parts as my heart runs a mile a minute, trying to keep up with the thousands of thoughts running through my head. my sister tightly grips my hand as my dad walks through the gap of people. "girls?"

as if my mind loses control of my body, my legs take off running. i collide into the stomach of my father as his arms wrap around my back. seconds later my sister collides with the two of us, my dad using his other arm to pull her in. my tears wet the raggedy shirt of my dad as he collapses onto the ground, his arms still tightly wrapped around us.

a/n!

hey guys! i finally got around to rewriting this chapter (it was long overdue) only a little bit changed but i hope you all enjoy!