053

Surprise Party

"Do you have everything you need?" EunMin asks standing by the bathroom door, Namjoon nodding his head as he slides his arms into his jacket, eyes scanning the hospital room one last time before they leave

"All good to go." He replies with a smile.

After a month's rest recommended by their doctor, the detectives are finally free to go back to their routine.

As they walk, his hand reaches to hold hers, fingers slowly intertwining with hers making them exchange a smile as they walk.

"Do you know where the boys are?" EunMin asks raising a brow, noticing the absence of the boys. "I haven't seen them in a while."

"No idea." Namjoon says with a slight shrug. "But don't worry, I'm sure they're hanging around." He adds kissing the top of her hand, the girl blushing at the action.

"Now that I think about it, doesn't everything seem quieter than usual?" EunMin points out making Namjoon pause.

"You're right." Namjoon says with a frown, arm outstretched as he pushes the door open.

As soon as he does so, Namjoon takes a step back as streamers suddenly fly in front of him.

"Welcome back!" The hybrids shout as the detectives open the door, startling EunMin and Namjoon who jump in surprise.

"What's all this?" Namjoon asks quirking a brow.

"A thanks for saving us and helping us capture the people that did this to us." Myungsoo says with a smile, the hybrids watching as the detectives' eyes glance around the cafeteria, bright smiles on their faces as they read the different posters and banners used for decoration.

"You didn't have to." EunMin says smiling at everyone.

"We know it's not much, but we wanted to do a little something to show our gratitude." Myungsoo says rubbing the back of his neck.

"It's perfect." EunMin reassures.

"Hyung! Noona!" Two voices call out at the same time, the detectives looking at each other with a knowing look that says 'there they are'.

The boys waste no time as each one holds onto a detective, trapping both in between their sandwich hug.

"What took you so long?" Taehyung whines with a pout.

"Sorry Tae." Namjoon says ruffling his hair. "We had to check everything back in the room."

"I know." Taehyung says giving them a boxy grin, pulling out a small gift from behind him. "Ta-dah! A surprise for you!" He says taking the detectives hand, guiding them towards one of the tables.