050

Breakout

Alarms blare loudly in the facility waking everyone up, their bodies tense and alert as red lights shine brightly along with a warning

"RED CODE! RED CODE!" A voice repeatedly warns.

"What's going on?" Someone asks.

"I don't know!" Another voice shouts over the deafening sound of the alarm.

"Someone make it stop!" Another hybrid calls out, all of them covering their ears in an attempt to block the sound out.

"All units report to the main entrance." A voice calls out through the intercom, all heads snapping in the direction of the speaker. "We have an intruder."

Almost as soon as the announcement ends, the hybrids hear rushed footsteps echoing on the hall confirming the previous statement.

"Intruder alert?" The hybrids question.

Who could possibly infiltrate their base? They wonder looking at each other, their eyes widening when they remember the detectives' promise to get them out of there.

"Do you think-?" Someone asks and Soobin gives him a nod.

"It must be the detectives' friends." He confirms, his eyes beaming.

"They did it." Soobin whispers, a small smile plastered on his face as looks at the door.

Buzzzzzzzz.

The hybrids exchange surprised glances as a buzz vibrates through the metal cages, the doors opening with a squeak.

Everyone looks at the doors with curiosity but stay still, afraid that it might be some sort of trap.

After a series of glances and head jerks, one of the hybrids abruptly stands up and decides to go for it, dusting his hands off on his pants as he gets ready.

"Okay." He says taking in a deep breath. "Here goes nothing."

Said hybrid shuts his eyes tight and puts his hand through the opened door, peeking one eye open when nothing happens. Then with a bother nod, he takes a step outside the cage, one foot followed by the rest of his body when nothing stops him.

"It's safe!" He says lifting his arms up in the air.

"Alright everyone, let's use this opportunity and go!"