CHAPTER THIRTY-SEVEN ━ WE WERE MORE...

(chapter thirty-seven.) we were more...
❝ WE WERE MORE IN THE FUTURE, PARIS.❞

( AUTHOR'S NOTE: I know I know,"You guys do realize Five is 58 right?"I know

"You guys do realize Five is 58 right?"
I know. You see, back then, I thought
This ship was cute because everyone
was hyping me up that they were cute,
but now realizing, it's weird so, I changed
this whole dynamic in the future. Paris will
have someone different so don't worry. )

PARIS STARED AFTER HIS AUNT AS SHE WALKED AWAY WITH DIEGO AND ALLISON before his eyes scanned towards the eyes of the boy on the table. His blue eyes raked over the face of the boy on the bed and he just couldn't look away. What was that feeling that was on his chest? What was that feeling that simply couldn't rest? Why was his heart beating so fast to the point where he was afraid it was going to jump out? He wondered and he wondered but before he could overthink everything, he felt slight movement from the place he was sitting on.

"Paris?" Five questioned in a soft, croaked voice. The blue-eyes boy furrowed his eyebrows, speeding away and coming back a second later or two with a cup of water given to him by Grace. Five took the cup without hesitation and drank it all with only two gulps. "What are you doing here? Where's Poet?"

"She went with Diego and Allison," Paris answered while scratching the back of his head. Five stared at him for a second or two and the blue-eyed boy furrowed his eyebrows, gesturing towards where the other boy was injured. "You... you didn't let me heal you. Why? I could've helped you."

"You've done enough," Five said with a dark tone laced in his voice as he hissed in pain while trying to sit up. "You always heal and heal and heal and run and run and run, I'm not gonna let you worn yourself out. What happens if Poet gets injured again, hmm? What will you do if she injured herself to the point of death and you couldn't save her?"

"You know," Paris glared at the boy, "I liked it when you were quieter and unconscious. And, I know my limit and when to stop and if something happens to my aunt, I will heal her. I have always healed her as much as she has to me."

Five stared at the boy before he gulped, loud enough for Paris to hear and stare right back at him. Paris noticed a look of distress and pain from him and watched as he adjusted himself.

"You have something to say," Paris commented as he stared at him. Five nodded, understanding his words.

"Before you ask how I know," he started, raising his hand up weakly, "I need to speak. I... I've known you... Well, since the future and it's just... It hurts to see you."

"Why?" Paris questioned. "What happened?"

"I don't know if I should tell you this but, I trust you, a lot so here I go," Five inhaled deeply and looked at the boy in his eyes. "When I went to the future and I saw my family and Poet's bodies on the floor, I saw you, a red shield surrounding your body. But it disappeared immediately when Poet says a few last words and sadly passes away. So, you run towards her and everything... we just go. Years passed and everything is just a mess still. But I... I develop feelings for you... and you do, too. But there was one thing that was causing us not to be together... Dolores..."

"The mannequin?" Paris asked. Five nodded.

"We were more..." Five started, "We were more in the future, Paris. But we just never acted on our feelings."

"But... I don't understand," the 14-year-old said. "Wouldn't that be weird if your brother was dating my au--"

"We're not really related," Five cut him off. "Just look at Allison and Luther."

"But it would be weird because you were basically born on the same day Aunt Poet was born and doesn't that make you older than me? Like---" Paris was cut off yet again.

"You still rant," Five nodded a bit, a small smile on his face. "And you still have an appetite. But, I am the same age you are now..." His smiled vanished slowly. "But it hurts to see you."

"Why?"

"You died one day when we didn't have food for a bit," he answered. Paris sighed sadly and leaned back. "I loved you so much that I broke when I had to burry your body. You were always so kind, like your aunt. And I feel like shit when I don't speak with you, I see you, or even when I don't see you."

"Why didn't you tell me this before?" Paris asked, his eyebrows so furrowed together. "I would've understood, Five."

"Would you?" Said boy/man asked, raising an eyebrow at the blue-eyed boy. "Would you understand the fact that in the future, you and I loved each other to the point where we would do anything to save the other? Would you understand that in the future, we loved each other but couldn't because of my relationship? You wouldn't have believed it."

"I would've tried to understand if you just talked to me about it!" Paris exclaimed, raising his hands up. Five stared at him with an unamused face. "You should've talked to me about it but you didn't because you thought I wouldn't be understanding? That I wouldn't believe it? I have powers, Five! I have an aunt that has powers and my dad who has speed. I would've believed you. You should've talked to me. That's the thing that I'm pissed about."

"Look, you already have enough on your plate," Five said, leaning back on the bed. "I don't need to stress you out anymore. Right now, the apocalypse needs to be stopped and your aunt needs to be saved."

"Oh, you don't know," Paris mumbled under his breath, thinking that Five wouldn't have heard his words. But he did.

"What do you mean by that?"

"Aunt Poet isn't the only one that that asshole that killed her wants to kill," Paris sighed. "He wants to kill me, too. And, hell, I'm stressed because I'm going to die if we don't stop him."

"He's not going to kill you," Five grunted in pain when he sat up at the boy's words. "I can't lose you, so he's going to have to go through me in order to kill you."

"Five..."

"I'm serious... I can't lose you again..."

AUTHOR'S NOTE!

ahhhhhhhhhh wfhdfhd
i've been seeing comments
about five and paris and believe
me i've been shipping them too but
i wasn't going to pair them up. so,
here ya go. i still can't believe it!