Chapter 23

Rose's POV

"Where's Abbie?"

We had just gotten home from school, and we couldn't find Abbie. Usually, she'd either be watching TV in the living room, or downstairs playing piano. We had looked in both places and she wasn't in either one of them.

"Maybe she's in her room?" I proposed, dropping my school bag and heading upstairs.

I tapped on her door twice, not hearing any reply. I creaked the door open and scanned Abbie's room, searching for any sign of life. My eyes zeroed in on her bed, where a lump was laying down.

I tip toed in her room and walked around the bed to check if she was sleeping.

Her eyes were closed, and she was snoring lightly. Her cheeks were all red and blotchy, which gave me a hint that she cried herself to sleep... But why?

The next thing I noticed was what Abbie was wearing.... Niall's jumper? She hasn't spoken about Niall, or to him, in a while... Is she missing him?

I gently shook her shoulder. Her eyes fluttered opened, and she seemed lost as she slowly blinked up at me.

"Rose?" she whispered, sitting up. She glanced down at her stomach, noticing Niall's jumper, and bit her bottom lip nervously.

"Why are you wearing Niall's stuff?" I asked softly, sitting down next to her.

"I... I miss him" she whispered, her voice weak.

"You do? What about Kevin?" I asked kindly.

She shook her head. "I want to break up with Kevin. You were right, he hasn't changed. He never will. He's still a jerk"

"Then do it as soon as possible! Get back with Niall! I'm sure he still likes you" I said hopefully. Oh please, Abbie. Niall's still madly in love with you. Just realize it!

"I- I can't!" she groaned, frustrated, throwing her hands up in the air.

"Why not?"

"We had a fight" she muttered weakly.

"What about? Do you wanna talk about it?" I asked.

She nodded. "He lied to me about the whole thing about him dating Miranda"

What?!

It was fake?

"Management set it up. For publicity. He didn't want me knowing so it would be easier for him to pretend it was real... So management wouldn't get mad because he can't act as if we still have something together, since we truly don't." she finished.

"So you're mad at him?" I concluded. "For listening to management?"

She paused for a few seconds, thinking about what I had just said.

"Am I being dramatic right now? Am I the bad one here?" she whispered, horrified.

I shrugged at her, smiling sheepishly. "What do you think?"

She turned her head to her lap, wringing her hands together. "I think I overreacted" she muttered.

I grabbed her phone from her bedside table and handed it to her. "Then you know what to do"

She took her phone and smiled at me. "Thanks, Rosie. You're the best"

"It's my pleasure" I answered, walking out of her room to give her some privacy.

I rushed downstairs, excited to tell Heather what had just happened. She was sitting in the living area, on the sofa, watching TV. A celebrity gossip channel.