Understand

A sweet smell of eggs made your nose twitch a bit.

After he used the bathroom he set it up for you. The towels were ready, new razors and lotion.

"Carnage is telling him everything."

Entering the kitchen you saw the mess in the sink and counters.

"Morning." You say sliding the trash can near the counter shoving the eggshells in the trash. Kasady smiled down at you as he leaned in nuzzling your cheek.

He went back to flipping your pancakes.

Blinking in confusion you traced your fingertips on your cheek where he nuzzled you.

What the fuck was that?

Kasady doesn't want to push it too far by kissing you in the mornings, so he nuzzled your cheek.

"What happened?" You look at some of the cooked eggs in the trash can. Some yolk was leaking off the counter.

"I've never really cooked sunny side up eggs. I scrambled them instead."

Carnage tried to teach him but Kasady just got frustrated and made scrambled.

Nodding you were still looking at how destroyed your kitchen was.

Pancake powder on the floor and a gallon of milk on its side with some already spilled on the floor.

It was a nightmare.

Set the pancake on top of the others.

Kasady does as Carnage instructs him.

Now, use the butter knife to get a little butter and rub it on the pancake.

Turn off the right side of the stove.

She's about to slip.

Kasady reached back the moment you slipped on some of the yolk on the floor.

"Be carful my little birdie."

He nuzzled your cheek again as he lifted you up into his arms.

Carnage reached out to the chair as Kasady set you down pushing it in close to the table.

You were just in utter silence. "Maybe I am going crazy?"

You tilted your head looking at the table as he set your plate of scrambled eggs with bacon, toast and pancakes with syrup.

Slowly looking back at the kitchen you watched him listening to Carnage who was on his shoulder.

Instructing him on how to clean the mess he made.

"I can help? Can I?" You were just fucking stupidly broken.

Kasady sat down to eat with you.

"Wait!" You say before he could take a bite from his egg. "Carnage, doesn't like scrambled eggs. He's going to make you vomit."

Carnage comes out from Kasady's shoulder squinting at you. "Everybody needs a party pooper that's why they invited you."

He chuckles as Kasady grabs a handful of scrambled eggs shoving it into his mouth.

"Stupid moth-" Carnage and Kasady stopped when you stood up. Taking the two eggs from the refrigerator.

"She's making my eggs." Carnage says happy like a child.

"Here." You rest the plate down beside Kasady as he lifts it up for Carnage.

"Kay. I don't think you are crazy. I know I am. I am the real bad guy and this isn't about me, it's about you. You have my Carnage, the only reason he found you was because 'yes' I have always thought about you.

Everyday I thought about you. Not in a hateful way. Carnage bonded with me in rikers. Carnage is who he is because of me. And now you have to suffer through the confusion because of my emotions, Carnage's and yours all being mixed up together.

The confusion you feel of right and wrong comes from me. You are not crazy, I am.

Carnage is the one making you feel everything you are suffering through. I know you wanted to be a good guy. Do good things but it seems so, unworthy of it.

What you and Venom don't understand is that Carnage chose you because of me. I'm not upset that he left me. I'm not upset that he chose you."

Kasady sat silently in his seat keeping his smile with steady green eyes.

"Did you just open up to me, little birdie?"

Keeping your eyes down you nodded your head slowly.

It means so much to him to have finally heard more than one word come out from your mouth.

Kasady rested his palm on his chest.

"Little birdie, I started to believe I was crazy when everyone told me I was. But when I met you, that's when I truly became crazy.

You could have killed me in the farm but you didn't. When I saw how broken you were that's when I truly felt like going crazy.

I was willing to do anything to have you set free.

That's the time when I truly lost my mind.

I have always thought of you.

Wondering what life you were living. If you had finally made a family or friends. That's what made every day worth the hassle. What made my day of execution worth it.

Believing that you were having a life.

I was saddened to see you hadn't. I can not be seen as a hero toward others but maybe I could be one for you."

Resting your elbows on the table you slide your fingers through your hair.

Kasady is your hero.

"So what if we are crazy? At least we can be crazy together. We can try. Can we not?"

Kasady slid his hands onto the table palms facing up awaiting for your hands to rest with his.

Slowly lifting your head you looked into palms.

"I will be here for you."

Eddie's voice echoed through your head as you remember him reaching into your cell with his hands.

"Eddie." You say softly as Kasady's smile faded away and his hands close into a fist.