Brotherly Love

Ch. 9

Percy woke the next morning and tried to roll off his bed but quickly found himself on the floor of the Demeter cabin; his entire body was one big muscle ache from his battle with Atlas and holding the sky. As he lay there enjoying the pain free experience of not moving, his thoughts drifted back to the events in the throne room; he was now the child of the prophecy which changed things immensely for him, starting with the fact he would almost certainly die in less than two years' time. Exactly the reward he was looking for after battling a Titan and holding the sky to save a goddess he thought sarcastically. The one good thing that came out of the whole ordeal was he now had a couple of friends in camp. He and Annabeth had gotten closer and now Zoe would be a camper despite how unhappy she was about it. Percy was brought out of his thoughts by a worried feminine voice calling to him.

"Are you okay Percy? And what happened to your hair?" Katie asked as she knelt down to help him up.

Percy groaned as he let Katie pull him up, "I'm alright Katie, just a very long day yesterday."

Katie looked at him worriedly, "So I take it you guys rescued Lady Artemis?"

"Yes thankfully." Percy said back tiredly.

Katie smiled, "Are Thalia and Annabeth okay?"

Percy nodded slowly, "Yes they're both okay but Thalia won't be around camp anymore."

"What? Why?" She asked confused.

Percy sighed and recounted every event from the quest without skipping a detail. When he finished, Katie was looking at him with wide eyes.

"Y..You battled a Titan and held the sky?" She asked in shock.

"Yea and it sucked." Percy replied simply.

Katie shook her head and smiled, "You're something else Percy but I'm glad you're on our side."

Percy grinned and slipped his arm around Katie's shoulders, "I'll always be on your side Katie, we're family. Now how about some breakfast, I'm starving."

Katie could help but smile at his words as they headed for the dining pavilion. When they arrived, Percy noticed Zoe sitting by herself at the Artemis table. Before going to the Demeter table, he sat down next to her.

"Come sit at the Demeter table, no one likes to eat alone." Percy said kindly.

Zoe glared at him, "I am fine."

Percy rolled his eyes, "Fine, stay here with all your friends." He said as he stood and walked over to the Demeter table and sat down next to Katie.

After making his sacrifice to his parents, grandmother and Hestia, Percy returned to his table as Chiron stood and stomped his hooves to quiet everyone down. Much to Percy's displeasure, Chiron told the entire story of the quest as everyone stared at Percy in awe. Once he finished the story, Theo stood from his seat at the Poseidon table.

"Why is that lone huntress here?" He asked.

"Zoe is no longer a member of the hunt and since she had no place to go, Perseus and Annabeth suggested she come to camp." Chiron explained.

"Who is her godly parent?" Theo asked.

Chiron glanced at Zoe who shrugged, "She is a daughter of Atlas." Chiron said a little warily.

"What? Jackson brought a traitor Titan spawn into camp?" Theo yelled as a number of campers stood up and joined in with his shouts of protest.

Chiron tried to bring order to the dining pavilion but his efforts were futile. Just as things began to get out of control and shriek of pain silenced the campers immediately. Theo was on his butt with a pitch black arrow imbedded in his shoulder.