Battle of the Labyrinth

Ch. 15

After leaving the arena, Rachel led them for another two hours through the Labyrinth until they came to a pair of doors emblazoned with a delta symbol. Voices could be heard behind the doors making the four girls pull out their weapons.

Percy on the other hand recognized the voice and narrowed his eyes. He walked forward and kicked the doors open to find Daedalus being cornered by a half-dozen undead warriors being commanded by a ghostly figure.

"Minos." Percy growled at the ghost.

The ghostly figure of Minos smiled smugly in Percy's direction, "Ah yes, Hades' little pet, how nice of you to join us."

"Why are you here?" Percy growled.

Mino grinned, "Just catching up with my old employee Daedalus here but since you've decided to interrupt me I think I will enjoy watching you die almost as much as I will watching Daedalus here get dragged down to the Tartarus."

Percy's face hardened, "I don't know how you got out of punishment but I will make sure you spend the rest of eternity regretting it."

Minos laughed, "You cannot stop me little demigod. I am in control here. You have no power over me; you know you are no real son of Hades."

Percy's hands began to tremble in anger as he glared at the ghostly figure in front of him. Before he could say anything, another two dozen undead warriors poured into the room from a door in the back.

"Kill the demigods." Minos ordered with an evil grin.

The undead warriors started to stalk towards Percy and his friends. The four girls got their weapons ready to defend themselves while Percy stood unarmed.

"STOP!" Percy yelled.

The undead warriors paused, looking back towards Minos whose smug smile turned angry.

"Attack! He is no son of Hades and has no control over you." Minos snapped.

The undead warriors took another step towards Percy before they froze. An aura of black surrounded his body as he held out his hand, his sword shooting into it from the ground.

"I am Perseus Jackson, son of Hades and Persephone and Prince of the Underworld! You will obey my will above all others other than my father!" Percy ordered in barely controlled rage.

The undead warriors remained frozen, much to the shock of Minos.

"Kill them!" Minos screamed at the undead warriors.

Percy took a step forward and drove his blade into the earth, opening up a large crevice. Percy eyed the undead warriors angrily, "Return to the Underworld! NOW!" Percy snapped.

The undead warriors snapped out of their shock before they all bowed to Percy and descended into the crevice as Minos looked on in shock.

Percy stepped closer to the stunned Minos before his hand reached out and grasped the ghostly throat of Minos, much to the shock of everyone in the room, including Minos.

"H..How?" Minos rasped out as Percy held the ghost in place by his throat.

Percy's eyes flashed angrily, "I am Prince of the Underworld and King of ghosts, the title bestowed on me by my father and you have been a very naughty little ghost." Percy growled before he closed his eyes for a second.

When he opened them, a shadow appeared to his left and out popped a furious looking Alecto.

"I believe you have an escaped soul." Percy said as his eyes flickered to the Fury beside him.