Fourteen

Please vote, but just letting you know, the video linked to this is to be played at a certain point in the chapter x 

"But when you walked out that door, a piece of me died. I told you I wanted more - but that's not what I had in mind... You just need to remember..."

I lay in bed, unable to sleep, drawing circles in the air with my finger of the shapes in the heating vent above me

I lay in bed, unable to sleep, drawing circles in the air with my finger of the shapes in the heating vent above me. Harry's slow, rhythmic breathing gives me a sense of reassurance, though a part of me feels he's still not in this. I can be patient. I need to be patient.

I flip my pillow for what feels like the hundredth time this evening, in order to get comfortable, and yet I'm unsuccessful. I try all the things you're meant to do - I count sheep, I drank some camomile tea before bed, listen to calming music, and my attempts are all futile. I shut my eyes tight, making a real effort to fall asleep, though Harry's phone distracts me, vibrating on the side table, as well as lighting up our otherwise dark room.

2:48am

Who would be messaging him at this hour?

I lay back down on my pillow with purpose, completely awake now - even more so than I was before, if that's even possible.

Maybe I should take a peek and see who it is. Maybe it's his Mum... Maybe it's some sort of emergency, I try to convince myself, though I don't truly believe it.

His iPhone flashes again - not with a new message, but instead with the reminder follow up that the message hasn't been opened. My burning curiosity is getting the best of me, I lean over a sleeping Harry, and snatch his phone off his beside table.

Clicking the home button to turn on the screen, a singular letter greets me.

'i'

Who the fück is 'i', and what are they doing messaging Harry at this time? I wrack my brain for people in his life beginning with the letter "i" and come up with nothing. He must know them - surely. Harry has even saved their number into his phone as a contact.

Do I even want to know?

I think I do, but I also think it'll be one of those things that once I do find out, I'll wish I hadn't. I slowly slide my thumb across the screen to do the unthinkable, unlocking his phone. I know that what I'm doing is wrong. I know it's an invasion of his privacy, but my feelings far outweigh any form of logic.