Bitter / Sweet

"I need a drink."
"D!"
"That was stressful, Les, leave me alone."

He drove around for a minute. I took off my dress top leaving me in my wife beater.
He turned a bunch of corners, just driving around the city. I saw places I haven't seen before. I kept my eyes peeled in case I saw him. I was starting to think Tahj didn't want to be found. It feels as though it's been forever since I last seen and spoke to him. I was starting to lose hope in all that. I wasn't worried though because there seems to be an abundance of fine ass men in Section 1 and right now that's all I was interested in.

"They got gay clubs in Section 1?"
"Oh, Lord," D sighs. "I'm not going to no gay club."
"Why? You might run into someb—"
"Which I ain't trying to do."
"All guys aren't the same. I think your ex kind of scarred you, D."
"Damn, Les. Since when did you become me and knew what I wanted and needed?"
"I'm serious."
He shakes his head.
"I ain't going into a gay club."

We went to a gay club.

We had spent most of the day at another one of D's friend's place. We smoked which D had said was normally not his thing. He was definitely more of a drinker but I got high and I was in a great mood. I felt invincible and comfortable enough to go back to D's spot to get ready for the night.

"I'm taking some numbers, D! It's about time one of us got some ass around here."
"Ewwww..... nigga you gay," he said from his bedroom in a voice better than how Regina King says it.
I laughed from the bathroom.
"Can I just drop you off instead?"
"No!"
"Fuck!" I heard him mutter.

I don't think he was all that upset or uncomfortable about going.

"I ain't never been here before," D says as we stare at the building from the parking lot.

We chilled up against his car as we watched who came and went. The sky was dark and the street lights were dim.

"Shit, me neither," I said.

I happen to notice that D actually looked apprehensive. His hands were shoved deep into his pockets and he intently watched the building.

"You'll be aiight, D," I assured him.
He simply nods but I don't even think he heard me.

Purple strobe lights were going and the place was huge.
"You sure this is a gay spot? I feel like I could run into a rapper at any moment."
"It is," he says distractedly.

I head to the bar and decide to treat D. He looked like he could use something.
I hand him a drink and watch him gulp it down. The drink was straight Hennessy. I watched him in amazement. He hands me the cup back while eyeing the place. I stare at the empty cup.

I felt eyes on me. You know when you look up and immediately lock eyes with someone that was the person that was staring you down? That's what happened to me. It was a guy behind the bar. He gave me a flirtatious grin while he fixed someone a drink. I was getting ready to nod back when my eyes moved across the bar to someone a few people down from me.

It was Tahj!

He spotted me a second later while holding a fruity looking drink to his mouth.
I have him a 'What the fuck are you doing here?' look. He smiles pleasantly at me.

"He's fucking here," I mention to D.

I look back at D and now he was starting to look paranoid. I rolled my eyes and grabbed him, dragging him over to Tahj with me.

"I thought you'd never get here," he tells me in that deep, lazy voice.
"What you mean?"
"I've been here almost every night since I met you, hoping you'd show up."
"Sounds like you playing games."
"But my intentions are still true."
"And what's that?"

He smirks at me, setting his glass down, then moves closer to me planting his lips on mine.
I was not expecting that at all but I wasn't backing out of it. This was exactly what I wanted. His lips were tender, his mouth fitting mines perfectly. It was meant to be like this. It occurred to me that I was kissing my first guy and that made things a little more exciting.
When it was over we couldn't help but to smile at each other.

"Damn it!!! I knew I should have never brought my ass here."

I was holding onto Tahj's hand and I wasn't letting that go as I looked over at D who had yelled.

"What's going on?" I ask.
"Damario! I know you see me standing here, nigga!"

I looked over and straight ahead of us with a confused stare. It was some guy who called out to Damario. I'm not going to lie he was fine too! He was light skinned but had an olive undertone, his hair was jet black and straight, his edges lined up to perfection. He had these big brown eyes that looked angry but I can guess they would be beautiful and adorable under any other circumstance.

He walked closer to us and I could make him out a little better. He definitely was attractive.

"You don't see me standing here, nigga!" He yelled.
His voice was definitely unexpected.

Tahj and I stood there puzzled as all hell while holding hands.

"Get the fuck!" D put a lot of emphasis on 'fuck'. "Out of my face, Jordan!"
"I should fuck your whole shit up, bitch! The conversation the other night ain't over."
"There ain't fucking else to say to your ass. Leave me the fuck alone."
"Since when you like gay clubs, nigga?"
He had a special way of making the word 'nigga' sound annoying as fuck.
"Bye, Jordan. Goodbye!"
"Ummm," I felt the need to speak up.
"What—"
"Who the fuck is you?" This Jordan guy basically screamed in my face.
Damario stepped in front of me before I could speak up.
"Jordan, you mad annoying right now—"
"Nobody told your bitch ass to cheat on me so here we are. Nigga, ain't nobody done with you!"

I take back ever saying this dude was attractive.

"Listen, we should leave," I tell D.

He spins around and takes that as the cue to walk out. Unfortunately Jordan chases right after him. I'm ready to go when Tahj holds me back.

"Try this first," he says in that sexy voice that stops everything. He holds a glass up to my lips.
I do as he says and try it. It was very good.
"Oh, shit."
"Good right?" He says in a very sexy voice.
"Yeah."
It would be a taste I would forever associate him with.
"Okay let's go," I say pulling myself out of his trance.

The street lights seemed brighter as D and Jordan stood under one yelling at each other. I rushed over there but Jordan shoved Damario before I could get there. Without even thinking I ran up on Jordan and shoved him right back.

"Fuck is your problem?"
"Les! Don't worry about it. Just..." Damario lightly moves me aside.
While he does Jordan decides to start hitting on him.
"Fuck you nigga and your big ass dick!"

I could not believe this was happening.
I look over at Tahj and he looked angry himself.

"Fuck up off me, nigga!" Damario yelled in his face.
"Yo, J, what you doing?" A big, black guy said out of nowhere but he was heading on over.
"Dis the nigga right here! Dis grimey ass nigga I was telling you about."
"Oh my God," Damario said as he bent over with his hands on his knees before squatting and putting his hands to his face.

But the black guy just looked at him with a sympathizing look.

"J, lets just go, bae. We here to have a good time, remember?"
"Nigga, fuck all that!"
"You had a lot to drink, bae."
The black man gently grabs onto Jordan and guides him back to the club.
"You dead niggaaaaaaa! I don't want to see your face, Damario! Fuck you!"
He screamed on and on until he was back into the club.

I look down at D who was still in the same position. We all stayed stuck like this, D squatting on the sidewalk staring at the club, hands on face while I stared down at him and Tahj looked off at the club and the people coming and going.

After some time D slowly stands up and trudges back to the parking lot across the street to his car without a word.