Chapter 3: His muse

Tobias had this cheeky grin on his face and as much as I was angry at Chase, Tobias had this contagious glow that made me want to smile too. "There it is, there's that smile I was looking for. Keep smiling just like that and they may just put your photo on the front cover."

I playfully rolled my eyes at his compliments, I posed one after another as he took his shots, I felt myself bashfully giggle like a little school girl at each comment "Can you stop, please? We are never going anything done if I laugh through every single picture. Do you flirt with every one of your models?"

He looked down towards his camera, pausing before answering my regrettably bold question "Nah, just the ones that are exceptionally beautiful and the ones that inspire me."

After flicking through a few of the pictures he just took, he finally looked up fiercely into my eyes. I felt my stomach begin to flutter at his statement, I didn't know what it was but Tobias made me feel confident "And which one am I?"

He seductively licked his lips, "Come look for yourself."

He stalked over to his iMac and pulled up the current photo's and gestured for me to follow him but I was still hypnotised by the sight of him tracing his tongue over his top lip gazing into my eyes. When I finally reached the table, he had picked a single picture to show me.

"This one's my favourite. You are so in your element, so beautiful, so ethereal. You just look... happy, genuinely happy." I felt like there were so much more behind what he had actually said out loud.

It was like he could read me like a book after only knowing me for less than an hour. Was it that obvious that I wasn't actually happy? Or was it that obvious that all I craved was happiness and the smallest ounce I received, I latched onto?

However, that happiness on the face of the woman in those pictures wasn't from the camera, wasn't from the lights, weren't from the clothes and certainly weren't from modelling. It was all the photographer's doing.

Feeling the nerves kick in, I got back into position. I tucked a loose strand of hair behind my ear as I felt the air around us change. We were making magic but I didn't know which type I wanted more.

The magic of his index finger gliding along his expensive camera to capture an amazing picture of me or his hands gliding along my thighs to my center, grazing my sensitive skin as I felt a tingle of desperation run straight to my core.

I felt my eyes close as I envisioned the scene happening before me. It was so wrong but the feelings he elicited from my body as I remember his touch when he was protectively walking me through the halls, felt so damn right.

Was it the attention from him that I needed? Was it the intimacy that I craved? Or was it just the man behind the camera capturing me in more ways than one?

I began to toy with my wedding band as I thought of how wrong these feelings were, I was married to the man I once believed was the love of my life and I still do but Tobias... Tobias is an enigma.

He emanates everything I thought I once saw in Chase. Passionate. Focussed. Alluring. Mysterious. Driven. Thoughtful, and beautiful in every single way. He was a work of art in his own right. With him, there was this instant attraction, this surge of energy I felt from him, this magnetic pull that I never wanted to repel.

But then there was the guilt. It was at the back of my mind but it was still so evident.

The man I loved had a girlfriend and as much as it hurts to watch it happen, I was not disloyal and I never had it in me to be disloyal. Had, past tense.