Chapter 28 | New York To Los Angeles

𝐍 𝐎 𝐀 𝐇 ' 𝐒   𝐏 𝐎 𝐕

Thump. Thump. Thump.

Peering an eye open, I see Luna jumping up and down on my bed, trying to wake me up. Which was nothing out of the ordinary, as she has done this every single year. Going from room to room, waking everyone up so she can open her presents. Honestly, it's adorable. Closing my eyes again before she can see I'm awake, she continues jumping on my bed. Reaching out and grabbing her, I pull her down onto the bed and tickle her.

"Noah!" Luna giggles, trying to squirm away from me, before she hugs me like a koala bear. "Merry Christmas Noah-Bear"

"Merry Christmas Luna-Bell. Why don't you go wake everyone else up? I'll get ready and come down," I offer, and she nods excitedly before running out screaming her head off about it being Christmas. Shaking my head, I reluctantly climb out of bed before getting changed and heading downstairs to greet my parents and grandparents. Not two seconds later Luna bounds down the stairs with my siblings behind her.

After everyone exchanges greetings, we all head into the living area and the twins brighten immediately from their sleep driven state as they see the presents under the tree and run to them. They and Luna tear the presents open, while the rest of us sit on the couch opening the ones we got at a more normal place.

"Mommy, look what Ava got me!" Luna shouts, holding up the doll Ava got her.

"That's great, why don't you make her a thank you card and you can give it to her on New Year," Mom suggests and Luna nods before carrying on opening her presents. "That was sweet of her. Tell her thank you for those cookies she made too." Mom leans over to me and I nod my head. "Well, the one I had since your father stole them all."

"It's not my fault," Dad grumbles, making us all laugh. "You do realize we'll be here all day considering how many presents the twins and Luna still have to go through,"

"Excuse me, but I like to spoil my children. Luna is the only daughter I have, as well as the youngest...I have no grandchildren to spoil yet. You can't argue. You're a sucker when she gives you the pouty face."

"Like at her fourth birthday party when she wanted a pony and gave you the face so you caved." Liam drinks the coffee in his hands making us all laugh.

"I can't help it, we've had five kids. I've been worn down," Dad admits, before my phone buzzes in my pocket and I take it out, ignoring the rest of his rant.

Ava: Merry Christmas Noah! Tell your family Merry Christmas too. Did Luna like her present?

Me: Merry Christmas Ava. Will do, and yeah, she loves it. Pretty sure you're her favorite person in the world.

Ava: I'm glad she liked it...how spoiled is she this year?

Me: Let's put it this way, we'll be here till next Christmas at this rate.

"Tell Ava I say Merry Christmas," Emery smirks. I raise my eyebrow at her as she raises the cup to her lips, wondering how she knew I was texting Ava. "What? You don't have that smile on your face for Dylan, Aiden or Nick."

"She says Merry Christmas, by the way," I tell my family and they all smile. It's nice to know how big of an impact she's had on my family. They all love her and honestly, that just makes me like her more. I can't stop thinking about the kiss. It was amazing and I just want her back in LA to kiss her again. "Ava said you helped her get my present." I look at Liam, who nods.

"Yeah, I didn't mind. It was a great idea."

"What did she get you?" Mom asks and I tell her. I had left it back in my apartment, not wanting the twins to smash it, considering how reckless they can be.