Stabbing Lessons

Y/n gave Tomura a look as if to ask if he was genuinely serious about Himiko training her. The expression in Tomura's eyes remained unchanging. Himiko began pulling her arm towards the back door.

"Come on! Come on!" she urged; "let's go outside and have some fun!"

Y/n knew Himiko sometimes wasn't the most stable person. She didn't like the sound of that word. Fun. Especially when it came out of Himiko's mouth. Y/n kept her eyes on Tomura as Himiko yanked her towards the back door.

"Don't be too rough with her; she just healed up," Tomura called out. Himiko responded with a little giggle.

The sky was clear, and the sun warmed up the breeze. The houses around were so spaced out that the entire back yard seemed quiet.

Himiko skipped as she pulled y/n away from the house. She suddenly stopped and allowed y/n's arm to slip from her fingertips. Himiko twirled around and faced y/n.

"Can you touch your toes?" she asked. Y/n shook her head. Himiko frowned and crossed her arms. "You didn't even try!" At Himiko's request, y/n tried to bend forward and touch her toes. Just as she said, y/n was not able to do it.

"Stabbing someone is so easy! You'll be a pro at it in two minutes." Y/n raised a brow, unsure if she was being serious or not. "First, you get a knife and hold it in your hand," y/n watched as Himiko reached out for one of the knives strapped to her thigh. "And then you just," The younger girl paused as she lunged towards y/n with the knife in her hand. Startled, y/n stumbled back and fell. Himiko slowed to a stop and giggled. "And then you just stab."

Y/n felt like her heart was going to beat right out of her chest. She paused and took a deep breath, trying to calm her nerves and keep herself grounded. Y/n felt like she was moments away from crying.

Himiko crossed her arms and let out a little sigh. "Slow and not flexible, I've got my work cut out for me, don't I?" Y/n could hear a small hint of playfulness in her voice, but that didn't stop y/n from regretting waking up this morning or not trying to convince Tomura to change his mind.

Y/n watched as Himiko put away the knife and held out her hand to y/n. "That's okay, though. Everyone has to start somewhere."

Y/n looked at Himiko's hand before taking it and allowing the blonde girl to help y/n to her feet. Y/n sighed, she didn't think she would ever be comfortable stabbing a person. However, y/n thought, being a little quicker would be useful. "Okay, so where do I start?"

Himiko hummed as she paced back and forth for a moment. "What to do, what to do," she said thoughtfully as she walked. She stopped instantly and faced y/n. "Let's play tag!"

That sounded harmless, but a little too easy considering Himiko was the one who brought it up. Y/n couldn't help but feel a bit suspicious. "Okay," y/n replied as she wondered what the catch was.

Himiko pointed to y/n. "You're gonna be it. For every ten minutes, you can't catch me, I'll have you do ten push-ups. After the first ten minutes, the number of push-ups will go up by five." Himiko beamed as she explained the rules.

Y/n stayed silent for a moment, she was partially expecting Himiko to talk about what would happen if she was it. Y/n began to fear that, once it was Hiimiko's turn, the little blonde girl would try to chase her down with a knife in each hand. "That's it?" y//n asked, ready for Himiko to say more. Instead, Himiko nodded and confirmed that was all they were doing today. As if Himiko knew what y/n was thinking, she added that there will be no more knives involved in today's lesson. She said with a sly smile that Tomura told her so.

Things still seemed a little bit too simple. However, if that was all Himiko was expecting, y/n was confident that today's lesson wouldn't be too terribly difficult. "I guess I can do that." Himiko smiled once more before running off into the forested area behind the house.