Chapter 44

Melissa's POV

"When will she wake up?" I heard some shuffling around me before I felt a warm hand take mine and give it a small squeeze. "The doctor said it will take a few days for her to recover"

"It has already been 6 days" the person holding my hand lifted it up and kissed the back of it "if you can hear me please wake up baby, it's killing me seeing you like this" I felt something cold drip on my hand. I can already guess that it was a tear that Harry couldn't hold in.

Now that I could focus I could hear a faint beeping sound from the other side of me. Am I in a hospital?

I tried to move but somehow I couldn't.

I heard the door click closed "anything?" no one answered but I heard Harry sigh. "Harry you look like hell, you should go back to the hotel and wash up" Harry's grip on my hand tightened slightly. I could see he would have an angry look on his face while shaking his head.

"I'm not leaving her" has he been by my side all this time?

Finally I managed to move my fingers. I felt Harry's body tense up next to me as I grip his hand slightly. I opened my eyes but groaned at the bright white light. I heard chair legs screeching against the tiles on the floor.

"Babe?"

I opened my eyes again to see Harry, Danny and Matt hovering above me. All three of them looked tired, like they haven't slept in days. I smiled slightly when my eyes landed on a tired looking Harry.

"Danny was right, you do look like hell" Danny chuckled, shaking his head and moving back "yeah, she's fine"

Harry had bags under his eyes, his eyes were slightly red which gives the hint that he has been crying. He had slight stubble so I guess he hasn't shaved for a while.

He looked down at me opening and closing his mouth, like he was trying to say something but couldn't.

I went to sit up but sucked in a breath when the pain in my chest tightened. Harry finally moved to grab my arm gently and help me sit up "are you okay?" I nodded my head as Harry rubbed my back, it was soothing and made me forget about the pain.

"Did you guys stop Jack?" Harry looked over to Danny who was sitting back in a chair. He looked back at Harry wondering what to say. He sighed and shook his head "he got away"

He stood up again and made his way over to us "he won't bother you again" I looked at him scared "what makes you say that?"

"He thinks you are dead. He thought that he shot you in the heart but the bullet missed and went into your stomach instead"

"I'll go get the doctor" Danny walked out of the room without saying anything else "what's wrong with him?" Harry sat down in the chair next to the bed and took my hand in his "he's just upset and angry about the whole 'Jack is not your father, Damian is your brother' thing"

Someone cleared their throat which caused me to look to the other side of the room where Matt was "you're still alive?" he looked at me confused "why wouldn't I be alive?"

"I thought that Harry might've killed you" he chuckled and shook his head "I took him to where you guys were and brought you here while you were bleeding to death in the backseat, he wouldn't kill me"

"I still am thinking about it" I smiled slightly and shook my head at Harry. He looked uncomfortable and I could tell it was because I told him about me and Matt.

"Hey" I squeezed his hand to get his attention. He lifted his head up "I love you" he smiled before leaning in and kissing me on the mouth. He pulled away slightly to say "I love you" before leaning back into the kiss.

"I see you are better" I pulled away from Harry at the unfamiliar voice. I looked up to see Danny and a guy in a white coat standing in the doorway. I blushed when I realised he was the doctor.

He did a few checks to make sure that I was okay. "you need to take one of these a day for two weeks" he took a bottle of pills out of his coat pocket and handed them to Danny "not too much physical activity" he looked between me and Harry which caused me to blush again.

"You need to come back for a check up in a month to make sure you are healing fine" he wrote something down on his clipboard before smiling "besides that you are free to go whenever"

I smiled giving a small thank you as Danny walked out after him to sign me out. Harry stood up and picked up a bag from the floor and placing it on the end of the bed "here are some clothes for you" I nodded my head and tried to stand up but nearly fell.

Harry was quick to grab me "would you like help?" I nodded my head. "I'll just leave..." Matt walked out of the room and closed the door behind him.

Harry opened the bag and took out a white t-shirt. I smiled when I smelt the cologne "is this your shirt?" Harry nodded his head with a proud smile. He helped me out of the hospital gown and slipped the shirt on over my head. He was quick to cover the bandage on my stomach, I knew he didn't want to see it as it would upset him more than he is probably feeling inside right now.

"Where would we be going?" I was sat on the bed while Harry was tying my shoes for me "back to the hotel we are staying at" I nodded my head and stood back up when he was done "then we will go back to Brooklyn tomorrow, if you are up to it"

I nodded my head straight away "I want to leave here" Harry nodded his head and grabbed my hand and the bag in his other "then we will go home tomorrow"

A/N: chapter 45 will be the final chapter in this book. I have already posted Darkness 2 already so go and add it to your libraries!

remember to vote and comment :)