S k i r t s

Penelope woke to her phone buzzing on her bedside table. She turned and tried to get comfortable once the vibrating ceased but groaned in annoyance when the sound picked up again.

"All I want is to sleep in on a Saturday morning." She whined, huffing out a breath to blow messy strands out of her face.

She reached over and grabbed her phone, only to see message upon message- curtesy of her friend group chat.

Immediately her bad mood was gone and she grew giddy at the prospect of hanging out with her best friends. She almost forgot about the plans Olivia had promised to set up on the weekend.

Her eyes quickly skimmed over the grey bubbles, before gathering that they were going to grab lunch at one of their favourite diners in town then maybe catch a movie. It was sort of a tradition for the group to see the latest horror movies that were available.

Penelope bit her lip as memories from the night before surfaced in her mind and she quickly tapped on Phoenix's contact to text him.

Good morning!  hope you slept well last night :)

Her hand hovered over the various coloured heart emojis and she decided against it. She didn't want to send him running when he was already so closed off.

She scrolled through their previous text messages and she bit the inside of her cheek- this time to  prevent a smile from making an appearance.

She scrolled down and blushed when she read their conversation from last night.

She remembered huffing at yet another foreign word that Phoenix used. She decided that she was going to ask him to teach her how to say a couple things in his language, so that she wasn't always lost when he spoke in his native tongue.

She switched back to her friend group chat and quickly asked if they wouldn't mind if Phoenix joined them this time. She knew that he didn't like a lot of human interaction but maybe if he hung out with her friends more they would get along.

Olivia replied immediately with a 'YES' but the other two were a bit more hard to sway. She pouted while combating their refusal but eventually, she got her way.