Chapter 17

Keenan's POV

I just came from the gym getting a good 3 hour workout in

I just came from the gym getting a good 3 hour workout in. I go to my house hopping in the shower, I get out making my way into my room with my towel wrapped around my waist. Turning on my TV, the first thing that pops up is the news. I make my way into my closet finding some clothes.

Shifting through my shirts, I stop when I heard the name Devon Simms being announced from my TV.

I come out the closet grabbing the remote rewinding the tv.

"We bring to you breaking news, 24 year old Devon Simms more commonly known as Delo was found just a few moments ago in a ditch on the corner the side of McRaven road."

"What the fuck," I mumbled grabbing my phone. I dial up Steel staring at the TV in disbelief.

"What you want nigga?"

"Delo is dead bro, they just broadcasted it on the news!"

"I know."

I had to pull the phone away from my ear and look at it. He said it in a nonchalant attitude.

"What you mean you know?"

"I was there, I know."

"You was there, you know who did it, did you blast back at the niggas, what they look..."

"It was me, I took Delo out."

My face scrunched up as I jumped up off the of my bed.

"You killed Delo, what the hell for. Delo was my motherfucking brother Steel. I grew up with that nigga."

"He been moving different lately, and I followed him around a bit. He met up with that girl Melanie at Wendy's today. I saw him slip her something. He was plotting on you Key."

I plop back down on my bed processing the new information I just received.

"I tried to get him to tell me what he gave her, or what they talked about, but he wouldn't so I took matters into my own hands."

"So he didn't tell you anything."

"Nope."

"Damn well ok then I have to talk to her."

"And if she lie to you, my nigga she not gone straight up tell you."

"Then I'm going to have to shift my plans around, ain't nothing bout to stop my plans."

"Ight bruh."

I hung up the phone letting out a deep breath. I was really starting to like Melanie man. I mean she a real ass person man. I could see myself fully settling down with her. Maybe she don't know anything, and we could move past the whole situation like it never happened.

Pulling up Melanie's contact, I hit call. A couple rings passed, until she finally answers.

"H-Hello."

"What's up Melanie baby, I haven't heard from you all day."

"Hey Keenan."

Yeah she most definitely knows.

"I heard my friend Delo came up and spoke to you at the restaurant you were at, what did you guys talk about."

She was silent for a few minutes, and I could hear voices in the background coaching her on what to say.

"We didn't talk, he just handed me a piece of paper."

"And what did that piece of paper say?"

"Well I didn't read it, I thought he was trying to give me his number so I threw it away."

I just know she lying her ass off.

"Oh ok, where you at right now?"

The shuffles around a bit as if she moved the phone from her ear for a bit.

"I'm with my sister, she got sick with something Amani had, so I'm over here taking care of her."

Mmm well I was just calling to check up on you, I hope your sister feels better, and I'll see you later baby."

She hit my ass with a quick ok, and hung up the phone. Yeah she most definitely knows about my plan, which means Anthony knows, which means Nipsey is about to start being real careful.

 Yeah she most definitely knows about my plan, which means Anthony knows, which means Nipsey is about to start being real careful

-------------