Rainy day

___________________________

School consisted of maths and trainings. The sports festival is coming up and you're in the hero course, all non-required lessons have been canceled and training has taken their place.
You just can't wait for your day of English literature and more training tomorrow. (Note the sarcasm)
Ah shit you also have that English test too.

To train you've basically just been teleporting a bunch. You go short distances, longer distances then very long distances.
Oh but it was funny when Uraraka started to float off so you teleported to her side and gave her a high five before teleporting back to the ground. It hurt your knees a little though. But it was worth it for that moment.

It took you a while to get changed back into school uniform and you ended up missing around ten minutes of Lunch. Iida talked to you about going to the cafeteria to eat then going to the library for more revision. Which you don't know if you're dreading or are excited for it.
Because like, Iida but then also Iida.
So that's a little struggle you're facing.

When approaching the group in the cafeteria you catch them whispering something, like a mini debate. However, it stops once you're within hearing range and you get a few looks from this group of three.
Midoriya gives an unsure look while Uraraka looks kinda disapproving, she seemed alright with you earlier though.

Iida smiles when seeing you and packs up his stuff before heading out to the library. You catch him giving one last look to his friends before he leaves.

"So what were you talking about?" You ask and try to sound chill. You don't really want him to know you're curious but you have an icky feeling saying they were talking about you.
"I'll tell you later. You're coming around my house to revise again, correct?" He asks, you think shortly before nodding your head. You're meant to be helping your parents out but maybe a little bit of revision won't hurt. They'll understand. "Good because you need all the help you can get. Are you willing to let me read your essay that you wrote yesterday?"
"Nope"
"Why?"
"It was shit."

Iida flinches abruptly at you're swearing, you're in the school corridors but no one is here to hear you. You flash him a smile when seeing his face of complete shock and panic.
"[L/n], you can't be saying something like that at school. It's against--"
"Iida, buddy. You've got to understand that I don't care. It's just easier to say it was Sh--" before you can swear again Iida places a hand over your mouth. Your first instinct is to lick or bite it, but that's weird so you don't.

The action did however shock you. You trip backwards and lean against the wall. Meanwhile Iida falls forwards and places a hand on the wall by your face to keep himself up. Iida's face is incredibly close to yours.
This could look very wrong, if someone sees you two like this they'll think, oh hehe, they'll think you're like a couple or something.

Iida sees the look on your face and raises an eyebrow which is accompanied with a frown.
"Sorry, I didn't mean to scare you like that." He mutters and removes his hand from your face. It shows your ridiculous smile which you're trying, and failing, to hide.
"It's chill." You giggle as you talk and straighten parts of your uniform to distract yourself. "So um, my essay. It was just full of spelling mistakes. I'll re-write it today and you can see it then." You explain.

Getting to Iida's house was a lot more eventful than you thought

Getting to Iida's house was a lot more eventful than you thought. It began to rain, a lot of the class decided to stay in for a few minutes extra. It continued to rain so the people who lived closed just ran. Next everyone who took the train either legged it or decided to wait longer and take the next train.
It was forecasted to be sunny all week. No one brought umbrellas or even coats.

Some people are stressing about getting home late, others don't seem to care. During this time you sit with a girl called Jiro, she has headphone jacks as a quirk. You find out that she likes the rain. She says it sounds calming and you have to agree.

After a while of talking, Jiro says she's going to go around a friends house who lives close by until this passes or her parents can give her a lift. Just as you begin to wonder what you'll do Iida stands by your side.
"[L/n], it's not going to be clearing up anytime soon and the teachers don't want to watch over any of us anymore. They have their side jobs to go to, I suggest we just walk to my house now." Iida recommends, you stand and collect your bag while muttering.
"Walking? I think running would be better."

"[L/n], can't you just teleport home or something?" Ashido asks from across the room where she's making a chain of paper clips, Mr Aizawa won't be happy with that.
"Not really, There have been a few cases in the past when I have but it makes me feel really sick plus, I'm too tired for it now. Last time I did it I slept for nearly a week."

Iida begins to direct you out of the classroom and down the corridor. Neither of you really said goodbye to the people left in your class but all you're friends have already left.
You sigh as you look out the window. You didn't really mean to, it's just the current atmosphere makes it feel right.

"What's wrong?" Iida questions with a gentle and concerned voice. It wraps around your heart and could make you melt.
"I'm just tired, that's all. Do we have to do revision? I don't feel up to it." As you talk you look down to your feet then out of the window to see raindrops patter against it and race down.
"Well it's another hour until your next train and we do have that test tomorrow. But I guess having to go home in the rain after a day of school to then do more work could be stressful. If you're sick then you won't even be able to do the test." Iida begins to ramble his words and speak to himself. You nudge his arm leading to his attention going back to you. Where it should be.
"Hey, you can get sick too! Your superiority in height doesn't make you immune to colds." You point out with a soft glare up to him.
Iida laughs a little under his breath and agrees. "Yeah, I guess you're right."

"Oh!" You begin and catch Iida off with the sudden burst of energy. "That thing at lunch, the thing you and your friends were muttering about. What was it? You said you would tell me." You remind and bounces a few steps forward before walking backwards so you can still face Iida. He seems to worry that you might fall.
"That, right. We were wondering if we should all have a sleepover. Midoriya has volunteered his house but mine is bigger. I think it'll be nice to invite you as well." He smiles but it falters when he sees your more hurt expression.
"It sounded like you guys were arguing. Does Uraraka not like me? I get those vibes off her sometimes." You go back to walking forwards and cross your arms.

Uraraka has been a seesaw with you. She kinda wants to be your friend but for some reason, she also doesn't. It's probably your personality. You make rash jokes, plus you've been told that you're too much for people sometimes. Their first thoughts of you are 'yeah, she's a bit weird'. You've been told.

"What-?-- no! Uraraka would be fine with becoming your friend. She's just worried that you wouldn't like hanging out with us. I've ensured both Uraraka and Midoriya that you're great!" he tries to sound enthusiastic when talking but it doesn't really cheer you up.

You get to the doors of the school, they're large and letting in rain. Some rain drops by your feet, you shiver at the wave of cold air.

___________________________________
╔═══*.·:·.☽ ✧✦✧ ☾.·:·.*═══╗
"I guess we better run."
╚═══*.·:·.☽ ✧✦✧ ☾.·:·.*═══╝

Word count:
1,401