20. You are my home

Akshita

I stood on the balcony of our room looking at the night sky filled with stars. A lot of thoughts were running in my mind.

I believe that home is not something made of bricks and concrete, it is made of the people living in it. Ashish's family has become a home for me. They diminish the pain of all the miserable years I spent with my parents. I feel grateful every day that I was deemed worthy of them.

I was lost in my thoughts when I felt two familiar arms wrapping around my stomach lovingly.

"What are you thinking?" He asked keeping his chin on my shoulder. I sagged against his chest feeling content.

"I was thinking that you are my home, Ashish. If I don't have you, I will be homeless." I said smiling at him.

"Yeah?" He asked amused and I hummed in response.

"Then you are my home, too." He said nuzzling in my neck. We stood silent for some time.

"Ashish, can I go see a doctor for what happened at my parent's house? I don't want to be a burden but..." He interrupted me by keeping a finger on my mouth from behind.

"Shhh... You are not a burden, baby. It's not my place to tell but Khush has similar issues. I was thinking of consulting her doctor for you. Will you be okay going to her and sharing everything?"

"Khush has anxiety issues too?" I asked bewildered. He nodded solemnly.

"I would never ask her anything until she tells me herself. If it makes me better and helps me in forgetting about everything, I would like to go see her doctor."

"Akshita, don't try to forget it. It is a part of who you are. You have faced all the hurdles of your life alone, it shows character and strength. You need to remember that whatever that phase was, it has passed but it has taught you to be the incredibly amazing woman you are today. The woman, I take pride to call my wife." My heart melted at his words.

"You make everything so easy, Ashish. You remember the day of our engagement, I told you that I draw my strength from you. I want to change those words now, you are my strength, Ashish. You are my blessing from God for being patient all those years. You are the love that God sent for me to have and to hold forever."

I turned around and kept my palm on his face and said, "And I love you immensely."

"I love you, too." I felt a wave of pleasure hit me at the intensity in his voice. His hand wrapped around my waist, his fingers rubbed at my skin in a sensuous motion. He took my hand and kept in on his heart. I felt his heart beating fastly under my palm.

"This is what you do to me." He whispered. I stared at him with affection.

He looked so handsome with his hair ruffled in a luscious manner, his beautiful lips marring the sexy smirk and his eyes looking at me with adoration. I melted under his searing intense gaze and my hands moved to his hair on their own accord. He smiled at me sexily as my fingers played with his silky strands. I breathed in his luscious scent, he smelled so delicious. I would never be able to get over it.

His lips brushed the corner of my mouth lightly. A shiver ran through me followed by a warm feeling spreading in my heart. His gaze darkened and he looked at me intimately.

"You have the 'make love to me' look on your face." He whispered sensually in my ear then bit my earlobe making me blush. I licked my dry lips, feeling hot all over by his sexy voice. He groaned low in his throat and tilting his head, sealed his mouth over mine. I started moving my lips following his rhythm. He bit at my bottom lip lightly making me moan out loud and seeking a chance, his tongue dipped inside my mouth, tasting me in long leisurely strokes. His kiss was soft, firm and gentle, he was confident in his approach.