Shawn Mendes x Reader

It's the middle of Shawn's concert, and he's about to be backstage for a few seconds before he goes back on to finish the show. You want to see him while he's offstage like you normally do, so you're rushing towards the stage. You hadn't been feeling very well so you were resting inside of his dressing room instead of watching the show from side stage like you normally do. Because of that, you weren't near the stage, and you hadn't realized it was so close to the part in the show where he gets off stage for a bit, so now you're trying to rush to get to where he'll walk off soon.

When you're almost to the area that you want to be to wait for Shawn, you really start to feel light headed. You spot Andrew walking towards you, probably looking for you since you weren't where you normally are, and he knew that Shawn would be worried if he didn't see you when he got offstage because you're always there. While rushing towards Andrew, you just feel everything suddenly go blurry then black.

The next thing you know, you're waking up in Shawn's dressing room again. Andrew and Geoff are standing over you, looking down at you with worry. You try to sit up, but Geoff presses down on your shoulder, "Just stay lying down." He says gently.

And you listen because you don't know what else to do, and you're confused. "What happened?" You question.

"You passed out," Geoff states the obvious.

"Where's Shawn?" You ask the next thing that comes to your mind.

"He's onstage." Geoff says, giving a look to Andrew.

Andrew speaks, "How are you feeling y/n?"

"I don't know." You answer honestly unsure of how you're feeling at the moment.

"Just rest, yeah?" Geoff suggests, and you nod, closing your eyes. Sleep comes rather quickly.

The sound of the dressing room door opening and closing wakes you and you look around. Shawn has just entered the room, still sweaty from being onstage. He comes over to you, "Baby," He says, his voice full of concern, "How are you feeling?"

Your head hurts and you can barely keep your eyes open. You manage to only shrug, and that takes all your effort and energy. "Fuck, I'm gonna kill Andrew." Shawn whispers under his breath, but you hear him anyway.

"Huh?" You manage to reply, your eyes still half closed.

"Nothing, baby. Don't worry about it." He says softly, gently running his fingers through your hair. He plants a soft kiss on your forehead. "Sleep, yeah?" He says, taking a seat on the ground next to the couch, and grabbing your hand in his, squeezing slightly, but you don't even squeeze back. You're too out of it to bother asking him anything more about his earlier statement, and you fall back into a restless sleep.

"But you didn't even tell me." You hear Shawn. You can tell he's speaking softly because he thinks you're still asleep and he doesn't want to wake you, but you can still hear him. "Don't you think I deserved to know that my girlfriend fucking passed out." Even at a whisper the anger in his voice is evident.

"Shawn, you would have refused to go back onstage." Andrew tries defending himself and his decision.

"Damn right I would have refused to go back onstage. But that decision should have been mine to make." Shawn spits the words at Andrew.

"Shawn, I love you, and I love y/n, but that decision wasn't one I could let you make for yourself." Andrew calmly replies.

"You didn't see her when I got offstage, Andrew," Shawn responds, less anger in his voice now, "You didn't see her, she was so out of it." His voice holds hurt and fear.

"Geoff was with her the whole time," Andrew reminds Shawn.

"Did she ask for me?" Shawn questions, ignoring Andrew's statement.

"Shawn," Andrew starts, probably trying to avoid the question, but Shawn won't have any of it.

"Did she ask for me?" He repeats, more firmly this time, forcing a response from Andrew.

"She did."

There is a beat of silence while Shawn absorbs that piece of information. He probably knew that you asked for him, and that you wanted him there, but hearing Andrew actually say it made it real. "She wanted me, and you didn't tell me. She was hurt and she needed me and I wasn't there." Shawn is blaming Andrew again, but you hear the guilt in his own voice too. He feels guilty for not being there for you even though he had no idea and it wasn't his fault at all. Even though you're still exhausted and you don't want to have to move right now, you decide to spare Andrew because you know Shawn's anger isn't going to fade and he won't stop arguing with Andrew unless you do something.

When you open your eyes and move your arm, Shawn's attention snaps over to you, with only one last glance at Andrew, he returns his attention back to you. "How are you feeling, love?" He questions, all the anger you heard in his voice a second before completely gone.

"I'm okay," You tell him, wanting to make things a little better, wanting to reassure him that you're fine, and he's overreacting.

He nods, then begins asking more questions about how you're feeling. After a flood of questions, and you trying to make things seem better than they are by lying about just how terrible you still feel, Shawn concludes, "I still want to take you to a doctor, baby."

You normally hate doctors, but you can't help but think that maybe this time it will be a good idea. "Okay," You say.

"Alright," Shawn says, leaning forward and kissing you lightly on the forehead. "I got you now, we're going to figure this out." He reassures you.

Credit: wordsandshawn.tumblr.com