5th Sword | Mayhem in Town

"Hmm..." (Y/N) hummed as he and Tanjiro walked around the town, seeing all the people around walking and whispering, giving them and another boy sideways glances.

"Kazumi-san looks devastated..."

"He was right beside Satoko when she was taken."

"It's so unsettling that this happens every night..."

"Yeah, I hate this."

"Always after nightfall, young girls are going to get abducted again..."

Making eye contact with Tanjiro, the two brothers nodded as they turned towards the seemingly-crestfallen boy that passed by them.

"Kazumi-san!" Tanjiro called out as he and (Y/N) ran up the boy, who turned back and looked at them.

"We want to know about the specifics of this abduction situation...can you tell us?" (Y/N) asked, coming to a stop in front of Kazumi.

"Um...sure..." Kazumi looked crestfallen, though he agreed to help the two.

"Can you show us where you both were when Satoko disappeared?" Tanjiro asked as Kazumi nodded, motioning the two to follow.

Nodding at each other, (Y/N) and Tanjiro followed after the black haired boy.

After a bit of traveling through the village, Kazumi had led the two to a narrow alley intersecting the village.

"Satoko was here when she disappeared. You probably don't believe me..." Kazumi began, pointing at a spot on the ground.

"No, we believe you. We've both dealt with demons before, so leave this to us." (Y/N) smiled at Kazumi, Tanjiro going down and using his sense of smell to try to get a track on the demon, whereas (Y/N) closed his eyes, focusing on the auras around the village.

After a few seconds...(Y/N) confirmed that there was certainly a demon somewhere in the village.

"Tanjiro...be on your guard- this demon- it's been all over the town." (Y/N) warned, looking around and seeing an illusory black fog-like trail- the aura of a Demon.

"Yeah. I can smell the presence of a demon somewhere..." Tanjiro nodded, standing up and placing his right hand on the hilt of his katana.

Looking at the two, Kazumi silently watched as they explored about the town, seemingly on the hunt for something.

Even after hours of searching- the two still traced after the trail.

"It doesn't make sense...the trail is all over the town...but where does it go? It's as if it's always in the town, it never leaves the town..." (Y/N) narrowed his eyes in frustration, looking at the same black fog-like trail. Although only he could see it due to Aura Sensory, Tanjiro also had his own sense of smell to use.

"Yeah...but there's something else along with the demon's scent...there's always the scent of a human girl." Tanjiro added, causing (Y/N) to nod. Kazumi had followed the two around for hours, and they'd almost explored the entire town, bar the insides of the people's houses- of course.

Looking up at the distant moon, (Y/N) sighed as Tanjiro looked around. Suddenly, both of their eyes widened.

"Let's go!" (Y/N) ordered as he took off running, Tanjiro right beside him.

"Huh? Why did you suddenly...?!!" Kazumi yelled in confusion, though he was stunned at the speed of which the two ran.

"The scent got stronger! The demon has appeared somewhere!" Tanjiro shouted back, tensing his legs as both he and (Y/N) leaped ontop of a roof, continuing to run as Kazumi watched on in stunned silence.